General New forum member saying hi :)

Currently reading:
General New forum member saying hi :)

Giuseppe78

Hello all,

I am a new member of the forum and I would just like to introduce myself here on the Panda classic forum.

A little about myself, I have a passion for cars and motorsport, and in particular Italian cars :D I was brought up around the Fiat/Lancia brand as my grandfather was Italian who was also a car fanatic lol. I've owned numerous cars throughout the years since I past my test at 17 (now 36), I have owned an Uno Turbo anti-skid, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, and a Lancia Delta HF Integrale to name but a few (wish I kept hold of one or two for obvious reasons) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm now a family man who needs to settle down a little, the only problem is family life usually means nice sensible family vehicles, the problem is I needed something more than that, something quite rare on British roads, something a little sentimental, and last but not least something a little different, and what better than a 1990 classic panda! :slayer:

I learned to drive in my Mother's black 1988 Panda 1000CL almost 20 years ago, so that with my love of motorsport gave me a little inspiration to find myself a nice little 750 which has only covered 54000. It has been modified just a little :D (possibly not to the tastes of the purists among you) but it brings best of both worlds for me. She is mostly garaged and will only come out for car shows and events, as I already have a daily car.

This Panda has completed a run around Europe, which included a route through France and then onto the alps, before finishing up in Turin, and then the return journey back to the UK.

Eventually I would like to replace the engine with the punto 8v unit, but maybe that is something I shall look into doing after the show season this year.

Anyway I hope to talk to some of you in the not so distant future, and gain even more knowledge along the way. I will post some pictures of the car as soon as I work out how to (y)

Cheers.

Edit: Managed to upload a photo or two now :)

JpxggFB.jpg

aZmJBrJ.jpg

Fn4FEqc.jpg

nHY1qSw.jpg

pJwYluu.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Y10 where did you get those wing badges from if you don't mind me asking?

Hello and welcome, I've always remembered this panda as the confused panda and i'm happy its in safe hands I was close too buying but funds stopped me. I saw this Panda when i picked up the bullbars, that we're fitted when Laurence purchased it, I've also got the light guards which now put my Sisley back too how it came out the factory. Your panda is a good example and hope you enjoy and look after it. I look forward to the progress and updates to come. :slayer:

(I was Going to upload a photo but at the moment I've got Tesco Broadband)

Many Thanks, Lewis

Back