Technical New Engine needed

Currently reading:
Technical New Engine needed

damoray

Hi All.

My Doblo died last week. I was driving down the road when it became unresponsive. I pulled in off the road and it died. When I turn the key nothing happens at all, silence.
My mechanic has diagnosed it as the timing chain has snapped. Is this common. It is a 2013 1.3 JTD model engine.
He reckons I need to source a replacement engine. What other vehicles have the same engine as the 1.3 Doblo so that I may source one easy enough from a breakers yard rather than specifically from a Doblo. Do the Vauxhall/Opel combos have the same engine? My mechanic reckoned they do. All i know is they have the same body.
In short, what other vehicles have the same 1.3 JTD engine as a 2013 Doblo?

Hi All.

My Doblo died last week. I was driving down the road when it became unresponsive. I pulled in off the road and it died. When I turn the key nothing happens at all, silence.
My mechanic has diagnosed it as the timing chain has snapped. Is this common. It is a 2013 1.3 JTD model engine.
He reckons I need to source a replacement engine. What other vehicles have the same engine as the 1.3 Doblo so that I may source one easy enough from a breakers yard rather than specifically from a Doblo. Do the Vauxhall/Opel combos have the same engine? My mechanic reckoned they do. All i know is they have the same body.
In short, what other vehicles have the same 1.3 JTD engine as a 2013 Doblo?

Hi, 🙂
the basic motor is used by 9 manufacturers - see Wikipedia

Generally with a chain failing (often due to the tensioner) the top end of the motor needs a few parts

The rockers are sacrificial, @£300 in parts and the motor will live again 😉

Lots of info on here 👍

Thankfully I located a 2012 Doblo locally and have sorted a replacement engine. . Should be the same as as it is a 1.3 diesel so a simple swap should sort out the motor and get it running again.

Back