Technical new clutch but very sloppy pedal

Currently reading:
Technical new clutch but very sloppy pedal

treborsevi

i have just had a new clutch fitted in my doblo 1.4 8V it has only done 31200 miles. the clutch works fine now, but the pedal is very sloppy and goes down very low. is it easy to adjust [free play]

i have just had a new clutch fitted in my doblo 1.4 8V it has only done 31200 miles. the clutch works fine now, but the pedal is very sloppy and goes down very low. is it easy to adjust [free play]
If it goes into gear easily with no grating and there is no slipping or weakness in the clutch, what you usually find with a new clutch is it starts to grip and the car pull away with the clutch pedal much nearer to the floor than with the old worn one.
I have noticed with certain makes of clutch, that they feel very soft in their action compared with the old days when a new clutch was fitted, but as long as it doesn't slip and goes into gears easily it should be OK.
I don't think you can adjust the clutch on your model, if it was grating I would suggest bleeding the clutch hydraulics, but you don't mention that.
Never the less if you don't feel happy with the car after the clutch was fitted I would go and speak to the garage, even if nothing is done, should it cause you a problem later then you can report that you did mention an issue to the garage.

If it goes into gear easily with no grating and there is no slipping or weakness in the clutch, what you usually find with a new clutch is it starts to grip and the car pull away with the clutch pedal much nearer to the floor than with the old worn one.
I have noticed with certain makes of clutch, that they feel very soft in their action compared with the old days when a new clutch was fitted, but as long as it doesn't slip and goes into gears easily it should be OK.
I don't think you can adjust the clutch on your model, if it was grating I would suggest bleeding the clutch hydraulics, but you don't mention that.
Never the less if you don't feel happy with the car after the clutch was fitted I would go and speak to the garage, even if nothing is done, should it cause you a problem later then you can report that you did mention an issue to the garage.
the clutch on fiat doblo mk 1 is cable operated. there are ways to adjust the free play in the cable and the pedal. unfortunately i cannot find a workshop manual for this vehicle to guide me.

the clutch on fiat doblo mk 1 is cable operated. there are ways to adjust the free play in the cable and the pedal. unfortunately i cannot find a workshop manual for this vehicle to guide me.
Sorry, you didn't mention the age, so I went by a 05 Doblo 1.9 I used to have.
If clutch cable is adjustable surely the garage would have done that on replacing the clutch.
Looking at a photo of one it appears to adjust there is a nut and locknut on the cable at the release arm end at the gearbox.
Generally if your clutch pedal can be pulled up higher than it's released position, then you adjust the cable so the brake and clutch pedals are roughly the same height.

Back