General Need urgent info.....please help!

Currently reading:
General Need urgent info.....please help!

man

having a few problem with my 07 fiat grande punto t-jet car the pistons have went in it and was looking to get them replaced, on doing this i have discovered that there is a fait bravo engine in my car this was bought brand new from a well known dealership. Neither fait itself or the dealership can tell me why this would be. has anyone had any similer problem to this and is it normal to have a different car model engine in another.......PLEASE help any ideas welcomed!

Eh? A Fiat 1.4 16v is exactly the same engine regardless of what car it's in (though I think only the GP and the Bravo used it around that time). What makes you think the pistons have gone in it? The only way that's even possible is through poor maintenance and driving like an idiot ...
Finally, what does it matter what engine is in it just now if it's goose'd anyway, you're going to have to drop another one in there, if the pistons are damaged who knows what they've done to the cylinders.

having a few problem with my 07 fiat grande punto t-jet car the pistons have went in it and was looking to get them replaced, on doing this i have discovered that there is a fait bravo engine in my car this was bought brand new from a well known dealership. Neither fait itself or the dealership can tell me why this would be. has anyone had any similer problem to this and is it normal to have a different car model engine in another.......PLEASE help any ideas welcomed!

Something not quite right here, need more info.

fiat's head office confirmed to me at that time they didnt put bravo engines into a t-jet car, and they dont know why it is there in the first place, its only 1 piston that has actually ceased to work and there was pinking on the top head. its was under warranty and they refuse to fix it trying to charge me £5000 for a reconditioned engine. also after all dispute with fiat i was just going to get the part myself to fix the piston as nothing else was wrong with the engine, and the parts number that i need to get the right piston for the engine has 3 different code thats coming up on the computer as 3 different pistons and dealership cannot tell me which code i actually need.

how do you tell difference between bravo and punto engine?

well thats the thing the code off the parts that are in the engine say its for a BRAVO engine not punto. there 2 different cars all engines are different weither they are made by the same manufacture eash car has a different engine within it, if they where all the same then why have different models yano. its simple you would have the same engine off a ford fiesta in a ST model. fiat itself dont know why i have that within my car. the codes off the piston etc are linking it to a bravo engine, its a grande punto turbo jet car so why would i have a bravo in a sports model. it simply just dosent make sence.

what happens if you put them part numbers into eper?

there 2 different cars all engines are different weither they are made by the same manufacture eash car has a different engine within it, if they where all the same then why have different models yano. its simple you would have the same engine off a ford fiesta in a ST model. f

are you sure about that? i thought lots of cars share egines and floor pans and lots of other bits and its only the styling on the outside that changes, dont the fiat croma, saab and vaxhaul vectra c all have same jtd engine for example?

Last edited:
its was under warranty and they refuse to fix it trying to charge me £5000 for a

How can a 2007 4yr old car be under warranty ???

loads of cars share engines ie focus rs volvo t5 or seat audi golf vw all same engines but some different parts however thats not the issue to get the right part just take piston out and messure the piston and buy a new one and bang the job is done dont matter punto bravo whatever its all the same

it was only 2 year old when this happened and still havent got it back on the road from it with all these issues. i got 5 year warranty with it thats why there is still warranty.

all of grande t-jet bravo t-jet linea t-jet have the same engine exactly as i got a linea and my friends got the grande and the bravo
also the front brake pads of the three cars got the same pads

all of grande t-jet bravo t-jet linea t-jet have the same engine exactly as i got a linea and my friends got the grande and the bravo
also the front brake pads of the three cars got the same pads
yeah surely the engines are all the same... 1.4 t-jet... only real difference is the bigger turbo on the bravo?

why would they put standard punto pistons into a 1400 turbo car and not put better piston within it to cope with more power?. why would the head office in england say that its not normal stardard to put a bravo engine into a gp t-jet.....

why would they put standard punto pistons into a 1400 turbo car and not put better piston within it to cope with more power?. why would the head office in england say that its not normal stardard to put a bravo engine into a gp t-jet.....

So you're saying your car is a T-jet, but was built around a stock 1.4 16v non-turbo block, supposedly from a New Bravo? :confused:

If it had stock pistons in, the compression ratio would be too high surely, and all 4 pistons would have det damage, not just one? And if it were the case, just replacing the one standard piston is not going to fix the fundamental problem and it'll break again?

Your posts aren't particularily clear, so it's hard for anyone to work out what you're saying.

What is the engine number on the engine you have?

Back