General Need some help with the wipers

Currently reading:
General Need some help with the wipers

Last edited:
Hi Melanabb

Personally I wouldn't buy expensive.
I drive motorways a heck of a lot, the amount of Oil and Diesel contamination causes the blades to collect crud, resulting in smear and judder.

Try wiping the actual wipe surface with a wet cloth soaked in something like WD40, and see how much crud you get off them. Then wipe them again with a cloth soaked in washing up liquid, and rinse.

In my personal opinion, I'd prefer to replace them every 12 months with cheap and cheerful, rather than spend a lot of money and change them in 18 months time.

Of course.... only my opinion.

In my exerience cheap blades have been rubbish,

Tried Halfords ones and a couple of cheap brands from the local motor factors and none have been anywhere near the OEM ones.

Recently,somebody said the FIAT ones were junk and they replaced ALL their FIAT ones with Bosch straight away,
TBH as long as they are clean I've never had an issue, just use kitchen towel and a little water on bottom of screen to wriggle the blades on..,
Charlie

The 'same as Bosch ones, I asure you madam' Halfords own brand wipes are driving me mad with smearing, screeching, juddering... I found these

Bosch AM246S Aerotwin Flat Windscreen Wiper Blades
http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/fiat-grande-punto-years-2005-to-2013/bosch-a246s-aerotwin-wiper-blade/

can anyone confirm that they are the right ones for my Abarth Grande Punto?

Many thanks

The originals are Valeo branded my Gp Evo is now almost 2.5 years old and the oem wipers are about at the end of their useful life.... On my last GP i found the drivers side was the one that always went the passenger side one seemed to last forever..

http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=details&ProdId=3000&sku=7469

(dont forget your donated members 10% discount) ;) ((code in members offers section))

Put some Halfords ones on my sisters 500 they are no where near as good as standard wipers the passenger one isn't flexible enough for the curvature of the screen

Also got some STP wipers for the last GP they were very good but the adaptor bracket to fit it to the wiper arm looked crap

I paid about £7 for some Aero wipers on eBay.
Brilliant wipers, good clean, no squeaking and very cheap.

Just type the cars name and add wipers to the end.

My cheapo ebay ones rusted away after 3 months by the seaside :(

The ones I got have no metal in them. It's all rubber/plastic.

Just checked eBay history. They cost me £8.99. Fiat forums won't let me post links but the name on eBay is:
FIAT PUNTO GRANDE PUNTO 2005+ AERO FLAT WIPER BLADES 26-16 FOR PINCH TAB FITMENT

Back