Technical need help on fitting a diesel tuning chip on my car

Currently reading:
Technical need help on fitting a diesel tuning chip on my car

:slayer:hi there, i have bought a plug and play tuning chip for my stilo jtd 115.
i didnt get instructions with it and dont know how to fit it.
can anyone help me please, instructions or diagrams.

dont want to know how bad these chips are just want to know how to fit it
cheers:slayer::slayer:

Hi mate

If its like the standard ones it will plug into the fuel rail pressure sensor. Take the engine cover off. look at the egr valve, then look down. You will see the fuel rail with pipes coming off it. In the middle of it is a pressure sensor with a wiring multi-plug. Take this off, plug it into the tuning box, then plug the new plug onto the sensor.

Hope that helps,
Alan

didnt we tell you to get a proper remap (n)

there are different types of those boxy add-on things. some plug in before the injectors. :yuck:

I cant understand why you would want to fit something to your car if you dont know if it is meant to. Anyhow I just put this pic on for the plug I dont know if its the right car.

Attachments

• egr_gasket.jpg
    egr_gasket.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 48
So..............................................,

Did it work, does the car go any better etc etc Or.............

Did it go bang???????????????????????

Please tell.

Perhaps the chip didnt work, or blew his engine up, Who knows thats why im interested to know the outcome of this.

Or perhaps it works and the op is out enjoying his car????

I'm pretty sure it will work. I know a few people that have had them (granted not on stilo's). BUT .... a remap would of been the better (and safer?) option.

If it's the one I think it is then it creates excess pressure on the fuel lines.

Eventually the lines split which leaves you completely stranded :cry:

...plus the expense of getting it repaired :rolleyes:

Back