General Mysterious green coloured liquid

Currently reading:
General Mysterious green coloured liquid

it02s28

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is able to help.

My 1.9 diesel Bravo (2007) struggles to start 50% of the time, it sounds like it's ticking over ok but just struggles to get going. So I leave it for a minute or two before trying again and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... then I wait & try again and so the cycle repeats. When it finally starts, I often see white-ish smoke come out the back of the car (which I think comes from the exhaust).

I noticed that my coolant was very low (maybe 20% of the reservoir, well below the minimum line), so topped that up but I think there might be leak somewhere. I don't know if they're connected but thought i'd mention it incase it's thought that it is...

Additionally, i've noticed a green colour liquid was present around some of the metal work between my engine and infront of the coolant reservoir. My coolant has only ever been pink, does anyone know what this liquid may be? I wonder if it's an oil leak? Please see photo attached.

I have an MOT at the end of the month, could really do with any advice ahead of this! Look forward to any advice offered :)

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• IMG20201108135442.jpg
    IMG20201108135442.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
I guess any air con dye would show up under a UV lamp...I'll check it out when it's a bit darker later today to rule it in or out.

Will get it into a garage in the next few days. Thanks Charlie

Chris

Lit up like a Christmas tree ? It looks like a corroded pipe is to blame.

Back