Technical my wipers are smearing..

Currently reading:
Technical my wipers are smearing..

stevecaves

after at least 4 times of taking my car back to perrys for it sorting out it is still smearing in my eyeline...they have changed the blades 4 times and just this morning changed the wiper arm. im at a loose end here im sick of going back and forth. i really dont no what to do. when its dark and raining i cant see a thing! arghhhh fustrated!:mad:

You obviously have something on the windscreen.
Go to halfords and get some halfords glass cutting polish and give the screen a really, really thorough polish, i mean really thorough.
I did it with mine recently and its loads better and I didn't need to have new blades. Also give the wipers a clean with vinager. Will hopefully solve your problem.

Last edited:
Something must be on the glass. I'd de-grease the glass and blades, see if that makes a difference.

You obviously have something on the windscreen.
Go to halfords and get some halfords glass cutting polish and give the screen a really, really thorough polish, i mean really thorough.
I did it with mine recently and its loads better and I didn't need to have new blades. Also give the wipers a clean with vinager. Will hopefully solve your problem.

is that even though i put it through the car was every week??? i clean my windows with a glass, window cleaner. is that not the sam?? cheers

is that even though i put it through the car was every week??? i clean my windows with a glass, window cleaner. is that not the sam?? cheers

Glass cleaner sometimes cant cut through stuff bonded on the screen. If 4 sets of wipers and an arm havent sorted it then its the next thing to try.
It could be a silicone from the car wash as well.

Glass cleaner sometimes cant cut through stuff bonded on the screen. If 4 sets of wipers and an arm havent sorted it then its the next thing to try.
It could be a silicone from the car wash as well.

thanks mate ill give it a try tomorrow then. hopefully this will end 2 month of anger.

thanks mate ill give it a try tomorrow then. hopefully this will end 2 month of anger.

I didnt get chance to explain earlier but when you say you 'put it through the car wash' do you mean the machine wash?
If so, the 'wax' they use will contain silcone, im suprised it hasnt ruined your screen sooner.
They use silicone to make the car look shinier.
Hope it works anyway.

I didnt get chance to explain earlier but when you say you 'put it through the car wash' do you mean the machine wash?
If so, the 'wax' they use will contain silcone, im suprised it hasnt ruined your screen sooner.
They use silicone to make the car look shinier.
Hope it works anyway.

Tried all things u suggested the same is still there and I have it a bloody good clean! Looks like I'm off to perrys again!!

Oh dear!! Perrys will get the bill then!! It is a 6inch thick strip that goes all the way down my side! It is funny tho it's like I've got beer goggles on while driving!

Haha doesnt sound too fun! I like to see where im going ;)
However, tell them to get the valeters to try some traffic film remover on it (tfr) if that doesn't work then i don't know what will.

car washes automatic and men in carpark type can put weird stuff on screens, i'd clean both screen an wipers with washing up liquid on a washing up sponge use the green side for screen, rinse well. add 3 table spoons vinegar to washer bottle can also help if you live in a hard water area

Haha doesnt sound too fun! I like to see where im going ;)
However, tell them to get the valeters to try some traffic film remover on it (tfr) if that doesn't work then i don't know what will.

Well went to car this morning and the smear wasn't half as bad so the glass cutter did clean the screen. However went back to halfords this morning and got a member of staff to investigate! She said its 2 things.. The little chip I have on windscreen or that wiper blades are too soft! They are box standard wipers and they do feel soft! She advised me to try Bosch wipers because there a lot thicker! Decisions decisions ey

A chip shouldn't make a 6" smear... however, if the smear has improved, clean it again and concentrate on that one spot and really work the polish.
It shows that something is on the glass.
Bosch wipers are good but fiats wipers should be just as good if im honest with you.
Before spending out on expensive wipers, try the polish again.
I have bosch wipers and must admit they are very good though!

A chip shouldn't make a 6" smear... however, if the smear has improved, clean it again and concentrate on that one spot and really work the polish.
It shows that something is on the glass.
Bosch wipers are good but fiats wipers should be just as good if im honest with you.
Before spending out on expensive wipers, try the polish again.
I have bosch wipers and must admit they are very good though!

well, ive just cleaned it again so i will check later when its dry to see if it has removed anything else! fingers crossed. if that dont do it looks like im buying bosch wipers

Back