My TVR 400SE

Currently reading:
My TVR 400SE

grahamw48

dscn006128369020mx2.jpg

how do you go on for servicing one of these and for spare parts now that TVR are no more?

Are they similar or share parts with something else?

well the engine is a rover v8 isn't it, and i guess most of the other bits are found on other cars - just bodywork might be hard to source if you ding it

Well as arc rightly says....engine is V8 Rover 3954, but breathed upon...bigger valves,gas-flowed,different cam,etc, but mechanical parts no problem.

Bodywork dear, but obtainable/repairable.
Very good 'Wedge' fraternity...down to earth oily bunch.

Drag racing her on Easter Sunday at York raceway.

Rolling road session tomorrow. Saving up for supercharger. :)

My other car is a Marea Weekend.

well the engine is a rover v8 isn't it, and i guess most of the other bits are found on other cars - just bodywork might be hard to source if you ding it

ding....dont know about the older ones but the newer ones are fibreglass, you'll get more of a crack than a ding:p:p

ding....dont know about the older ones but the newer ones are fibreglass, you'll get more of a crack than a ding:p:p

All TVRs past and present are fibreglass bodied, separate chassis. At least no rust to worry about.
Mine has had a body off refurb of the whole chassis. In theory you can keep them going forever, long as you don't wrap em round a tree.

Oh, and she costs me £166 a year fully comp. on classic car ins. Not bad for a gp20, doing 0-60 in 5 secs and 155mph. :D

My Marea costs twice that.:(

Well, that's not strictly true.
Certainly the 'Wedges' were powder coated, and to be fair it will normally take 15 years before a bit of work on the outriggers will be required...most other cars being in the scrappers by then.

Later chassis were not quite as well protected...true, but should still get 10 years out of a chassis.

My car is nearly 20 years old ! Try and keep up with it.:D

A lot of bull is talked in pubs about TVRs. I've had 3 now, and regretted selling every time. :)

Back