20130330_151707_zpsbcf9fc73.jpg

Stilo My Stilo Abarth :)

Introduction

Hey there!

I just thought I would share my new car with you all. It's nothing special, but it is still quite a big upgrade for me.

My first car was a Fiat Punto Mk2 1.2 8v, which was a fantastic little car, until everything started to fail and it just didn't make sense to keep repairing it. So, after paying £4900 for my first years insurance, my dad decided to treat me to something a little more grown up when I got my 1st years no claims.

Here's a few pictures:

20130317_134801_zps49aebbc0.jpg

20130317_150605_zps05b0e089.jpg

20130330_151657_zps6eb529af.jpg

20130330_151707_zpsbcf9fc73.jpg

20130330_151713_zps6fdc7e4a.jpg

So that's my new Fiat Stilo Abarth 2.4 20V Manual, many upgrades planned, I will keep you all updated :)
Reactions: gadge
You need to get the battery cover for it. You'll have no end of electrical problems if water spashes into the grey engine fuse box.

Already have the battery cover, it was just off temporarily to fit the battery. :)

Very nice mate , had mine for about 1yr and is in gunmetal grey with skyroof and manual , By far the best car I have had , only thing I have had to do is replace the front coil springs , I absolutely love it .

Very nice mate, had mine for about 1yr and is in gunmetal grey with skyroof and manual, By far the best car I have had , only thing I have had to do is replace the front coil springs, I absolutely love it.

I've had the same problem mate, the near side spring went just before the MOT, along with the anti roll bar ends and wishbone bushes. All good so far but 21.7 MPG is taking some getting used to though :(

Ouch! 21.7! That's harsh! You should be seeing around 27 at least around town I'ld say?

That's what I thought too, although it may be down to changing over from the Punto. I am so used to putting my foot down everywhere just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Hopefully after a service and a change of driving style this should improve. :)

Both of your FIATs look really tidy and well-kept - I especially like the wheels on your Punto (y) Interesting wheels on the Stilo too, as they're not the 'blades'.

Seems a really smart Stilo - when I saw the engine, I counted the ribs in the engine cover and realised it was a five-cylinder - then I read the subject again :eek:

If your insurance was so expensive for a 1.2, what is it now? Considering that your engine is twice the size and has MORE than twice the power (when the Abarth was new, people said it was "underpowered". I always thought 170bhp was an excellent specific output compared to the smaller engines - if it was the same, it would have only 138bhp...)

-Alex

Last edited:
Both of your FIATs look really tidy and well-kept - I especially like the wheels on your Punto (y) Interesting wheels on the Stilo too, as they're not the 'blades'.

Seems a really smart Stilo - when I saw the engine, I counted the ribs in the engine cover and realised it was a five-cylinder - then I read the subject again :eek:

If your insurance was so expensive for a 1.2, what is it now? Considering that your engine is twice the size and has MORE than twice the power (when the Abarth was new, people said it was "underpowered". I always thought 170bhp was an excellent specific output compared to the smaller engines - if it was the same, it would have only 138bhp...)

-Alex

Thanks (y)

I really did like the wheels on the Punto, they were a pig to keep clean though. (n) I think the blades look nice on certain cars, but I'm not really a fan of them with Sprint Blue.

The insurance is much better now, it's £1800 on the 10 month policy with Elephant. If I had of stuck with Punto it would only be £800.:)

Sorry Alex, I was getting blades confused with claws. Blades in gun metal would suit the car much better I think. Claws are a bit of an acquired taste though. :)

Anyway, the postman came bearing gifts today!

20130416_195304_zps222b98c3.jpg

Back