General My Panda Dez at 10

Currently reading:
General My Panda Dez at 10

Wee Smurf

Yellow is the way to go!
Dez has been clocking up on the milestones...

On Sunday, he hit the 100K miles mark...
DSC_06791.JPG

On Monday, he passed his MoT without problem...
DSC_0680.JPG

Next week, he'll turn ten so I got him some extra help...

Finn has a new friend called Fabio. Hopefully they can both keep Dez on the straight and narrow for another while! :)
DSC_06702.JPG

... and I'm old enough to remember the time when a ten year old mass-produced car was already a rusted out hulk fit only for scrap! And if it had also done anywhere near 100k miles - that was a miracle!

There's progress for you. Keep it for another decade and report back, huh?

... and I'm old enough to remember the time when a ten year old mass-produced car was already a rusted out hulk fit only for scrap! And if it had also done anywhere near 100k miles - that was a miracle!

There's progress for you. Keep it for another decade and report back, huh?

Snap. I have an abiding memory of my highly rusted 6 year old Alfasud which cost £50 from the auction with a seized clutch and no MOT.

Always thought Dez was Guacamole. Looks mint. Not even any dust on the instrument cluster.

Looks mint. Not even any dust on the instrument cluster.

Duster on the cluster. That's the secret.

How often do I see cars advertised, and when you get a close-up of the dash panel the guy hasn't even bothered to give it a wipe-over. A small thing, but a definite put-off if you're buying.

It's the details that tell you if a car has been really cared for.

Dez is pre-mambo. He's Vanilla Yellow.

I do like to keep him clean, although that can be difficult with two kids in the back. He gets a regular clean on the inside, mainly as I like to have a clean windscreen and while I'm doing that, I always clean the dash.

He's relatively unmarked for his age but I'll be looking to get the bonnet resprayed at some stage due to marks on it and a little bit of surface rust which has appeared on the underside of it where it hasn't originally been done the best.

My previous car was a 1992 Polo which left the household at the age of 17 with virtually no rust (only to end up in the scrappage scheme a year later :().

Was Mambo just a name change?

They do look pretty much the same. I'm not sure if there's a slight difference in them though. They also changed from Guacamole green to Easy listening green at the same time. I prefer the old names though as they're more descriptive of the true colour.

Back