IMG00022-20100417-1343.jpg

my nexia :)

Introduction

i have decided i am going all out on the nexia, and will make her a fiat beater ;). at the moment she a 1.5 sohc engine, but i am looking for a 2 litre redtop engine to drop in her. i have so far done a gsr style kind of induction kit, meshed the grille and lower bumper opening, put in some speakers in doors and parcel shelf. icv also debadged her. this weekend im replacing the brake pipes and fuel pipes on her. i plan to lower her, alloys, tune the redtop to the max, exhaust with maybe a decat system, and tints. also il be doing some weight reduction.
id keep interior pretty much standard, maybe newer carpets, as there thin and lookin old. im in 2 minds about back seats. i thought that as long as the car had a roll cage, then the rear seats can be removed, which is what i thought about doing. but some people say thats illegal, and it has to have all seats in to be road legal. so will probably end up keeping back seats.

So there's now two daewoo nexias in existance that i know of :D

My mate (niece's BF) owns a nexia which has the boot on it, looks like the old vauxhall belmont.

It was his dad's car, he changed his car for a newer model and then gave him the nexia.

Since owning it he has added some 17" alloys and lowered it, not sure what suspension kit he got for it but it does sit really low.

He recently bought some upgraded discs and calipers for it but i don't think he got round to putting them on it.

He can't afford to run a car at the moment, even a daewoo :devil: so he's taken it off the road for now.

Like yourself he's been thinking of dropping a red top in it too, as his engine is the same as the one in yours.

It looks OK for a daewoo :D

Good luck with little project anyway (y)

mines off road to, needs a a fair bit of work doing at the moment with all the fuel pipes and brake pipes. i dont think iv ever seen one with a boot in the metal, just pictures, they seem cool though. he has the single cam then? iv been looking into rebores, and it doesn't seem to expensive, but not sure of how much more power it would actually give me and how far up i can rebore it to.
if hes looking for information of his engine, his engine is code g15mf (if its the single cam like mine) and its the same block as the c14se and c16se vauxhall blocks (y).
do you know what springs he used? i thought about lowering mine, but haven't looked into it yet. good to know some are still about though :) and tell him to get to the daewooclub.co.uk forum lol. loads of info on there.

Back