Photo0248.jpg

My new pimped van.

Introduction

Well there's only pics of the outside, not got any pics of inside yet; it was too dark to get good ones when i got it back but has deep pile carpets, custom lighting, 5 leather seats, big flat screen TV, Sony Xplode subs (x4), PS2 etc. Has had extra windows fitted behind the sliding doors (has sliding doors on both sides)

Its a vito travelliner 112 cdi (2003), 5 speed manual. Has full stainless exhaust with decat, told it has performance panel filter but not checked - apparently its about 135bhp but got nought to back that - tbh don't know what a standard 112cdi puts out but it pulls well and is similar sorta speed to the stilo (1.9jtd 115) which is plenty fast for a van in my opinion. Wheels are genuine AMG 18" (believe from the new E-class but not sure).

well here's the pics.
Photo02651.jpg

Photo02641.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

Photo0253.jpg

Photo0257.jpg

trusty stilo there on the left :)
Photo02521.jpg

Photo0250.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

Opinions, comments and questions welcome.
Re: My new pimped van..

Looks nice enough in the pics. I looked at Vitos before I got my T4, but unfortunately, they tend to have a fair few 'tin worm' issues....

Hope yours is as straight as it looks - pics of the inside ASAP please (y)

yeah i'm aware of that, i've had a bloody good look around it, as has a nice AA man. Not any rust underneath anywhere i could see, just has couple of tiny dents on both sliding doors but nothing major - you have to look for them - other than that it appears to be immaculate *touches wood*. I wanted a VW van but you really don't get much for your money, this came up in budget and only has 60k miles on it - most the VW's i found were 90k+ in same price range.

Need to have a good go through all the wiring, as there is alot and needs tidying up a bit if nothing else - also need to add some camping batteries as do intend to use the toys in the back. And the front side windows are fully tinted which i may have to change - also rear lights are far to heavily tinted so shall get the t-cut out.

love the vitos.... my dads got an 02 plate one for his business... and other then a slight bit of bubbling on the wheelarch... a few rusty stonechips its still in quite tidy condition.... its passed every mot its been to as well...

his is the 110cdi iirc and that empty is quite nippy.... quite refined for a van as well :)

been through the old MOT's its only ever failed on bulbs and worn windscreen wipers.. Found a bit of surface rust today on rear door near one of the wipers. Was gonna get them removed and smoothed over anyway though so not fussed about it.

My mate is on his wat round to see it so will take camera out and get some inside pics when he gets here.

are you just removing the tint on the rear lights to a lighter shade?

are you doing anything to the inside regarding the trim? The red carpet looks odd to me in the black van

Last edited:

yes wil be t-cuting till they look ok then few layers of lacquer to make them shiny. They are so dark atm you can hardly see the brake lights through them.

Inside i intend to change the carpet - its your average cheapo red carpet at the mo - i think it looks ok red, the sides and rear doors are covered in red faux leather but the carpet is pretty pink in comparison - will be looking at some different shades - i'd quite like blue or grey but some photoshoping will need to be done first.

Tbh the inside mostly needs pulling out and putting back in with a bit more attention to detail, theres wires everywhere. Want to put the TV on a hinge so it can go up flush against the roof, build a proper enclosure for the speakers and subs - they are all just bolted to the metal partition thingy and the subs prevent the seat going back very far.

Back