DSC_0095.JPG

Coupe My New Coupe 20VT

Introduction

Wont it on ebay a week ago for the bargain price (I thought anyway) of £1020 :D.

Needs a bit of TLC on the body work but mechanically its sound just needs belts doing in a month or so :). After service is complete im going to get the alloys refurbed and the body work seen to by chipsaway or someone similar :D.

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_00941.JPG

DSC_00933.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_00911.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_00881.JPG

Some previous owner has a sense of humour! :ROFLMAO:
The guy in the Porto blue is a old work friend of mine. Last guy in the world I'd have expected to buy a Coupe after the ribbing I'd got over my Fiats! Last time I spoke with him he was loving it.

LOL funny that isn't it? Bloody Fiat haters. I got a comment the other day from some tit who doesn't even have a driving license asking why I owned two fiats? and why I couldn't just buy one decent car as fiats electrics are s***.

I said come have a look at this then, opened the coupe bonnet and pointed out all the bosch electrical components :rolleyes:. Can't stand brand ignorence :bang:

Can't stand brand ignorence :bang:

Yeah stupid ford, vauxhall and VW drivers :rolleyes:

The guy drove an equally, if not more laughable car. Rover 75 auto. 2.5 v6 lpg converted. Worst auto box in the world.

Come into a roundabout, there's a gap, you go for it and the box just hangs in a high gear.. until the very last second and it drops 2 and guns it.

:D

Pub sometime sounds a grand idea by the way... Something not too far out of everyones way perhaps? (y) Needs to be close enough for the Mrs to pick me up :D :D :D

Last edited:
Yes once or twice. I've also been spotted a couple of times on FCCUK. Didn't realise how popular coupes are in the north east.

I see LOADS of coupes, I assumed they were like all Northern Punto drivers and don't sign up to forums.

You done a 0-60? I have a stopwatch ;) lol

Nah not yet as performance is a bit random, Sometimes it pull like a freight train with a saturn 5 rocket up its arse. Other times its not so quick. Going into "Quick Sale Tyre in ferryhill (were Justin an ex Fiat/Alfa Tech works)" at end of the month for a new clutch, belts, tensioners water pump etc etc.

Will ask him to look into it I think it maybe overfuelling. It has got a bit better since I retrofitted a BMC CDA so I may clean the MAF when I change the plugs and oil at the weekend.

Check out the Pub thread.

https://www.fiatforum.com/general-event-discussion/202620-north-east-pub-meal-meet.html?p=2170923

Last edited:
Very nice Chris. No interior shots...but please tell me it doesn't have Tan leather!!

P
And what, pray tell is wrong with tan? That would go very well with my brown
Chukka boots, sable chinos, cream shirt and beige jacket. Mmm, nice.

owning a 20vt is on my list of things to do before i die :D
Mine too.

Clamshell bonnet? Check! Double bubble headlight covers? Check! Eyebrow over each wheelarch? Check! Body colour stripe across dashboard? Check! Twin retro circular rear lights? Check! 50s/60s retro competition filler cap? Check! Glorious uneven soundin 5 cylinder engine? Oh yes! Er, Check!

Possibly the most overstyled car that didn't end up as a pastiche. To me, the Mini has loads of styling cues, but just ends up as a parody of the original.

Last edited:
Nah not yet as performance is a bit random, Sometimes it pull like a freight train with a saturn 5 rocket up its arse. Other times its not so quick. Going into "Quick Sale Tyre in ferryhill (were Justin an ex Fiat/Alfa Tech works)" at end of the month for a new clutch, belts, tensioners water pump etc etc.

Had the same with mine, took it to the rolling road and found that i have a small crack in the manifold (very common) means that the turbo doesnt work at full power all the time.

KK, once I rule out the MAF, CTS i'll save up for a new stainless manifold. This ones already been welded according to the receipts.
I think there were two versions of the turbo maniflod the revised one had a cut between two ports to stop it cracking. That or im thinking of the 16vt (just checked my eper and the 20vt manifold has been substituted at least once.)

Id save up for the stainless anyway.

Back