General My New Carribean Orange MJET - Help?

Currently reading:
General My New Carribean Orange MJET - Help?

jackbenjamin

*Didn't post this, came to get in the car home from work today and was greeted by "Check diesel fuel filter" and "CHECK ENGINE!" with respective orange lights glowing.. luckily it's under warranty so going to haveto take it to the dealer tomorrow :\ plus, i've had the "Check power steering" once which happened on my old car so i just restarted and it sorted itself out. any ideas what the CEL could be? The car seems fine to drive but I disconnected the battery negative for 5 minutes and that didnt clear it.. Oh dear :confused:*

Coming from a V6 VW Passat to a 1.2 grande active last year was a bit of a change, so after 9 months of pretty much problem free grande ownership it was time for something a bit quicker & more fun.

Don't know why theres none of the 1.9 mjets about in the dealer network but finally found one, happened to be orange which was a bonus! Mint condition, 34k, full dealer warranty for 12 months, FSH etc etc.. for a 2007 car to be sitting in fiats forecourt there had to be a reason for it! Drove 60 miles and fell in love with it, paid the deposit and then picked it up saturday :D

Decided that with this one i'm not gonna take it to far.. feeling a black roof to match the rims etc, possibly abarth/2008+ GP lights to match the whole black and orange thing, but generally I love it! Tell me what you think, I'll get some better pictures when I get chance! :p

IMG_1271.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice looking car. I've just got one too but mine's has a black glass roof? It is just a specific version that has this cause I keep hearing a lot of guys going on about putting black vinyl on their roof?

PS. Sorry for going off topic a bit!

Haha no it was an option when the car was new. Cheers, I like it so hope that these problems get sorted out so i dont haveto give it back!

Ah right fair enough mate. Tell me you never paid the asking price? I picked up an 07 plate for £3899 on Sunday. That price seems steep man.

Not the full amount but a good chunk of it. Low miles & warranty, plus being from a fiat dealership kinda added up really.. after the check engine light comin on today im glad i did lol!

nice car mate! ive been lookin about for the same thing, seems about right price wise. All the ones ive seen are around the same kinda margain. Black roof sounds nice but cant beat a glass one!

Yeah that's fair enough having the dealers warranty, only got 4 months myself but it's the one with the glass roof for less than 4 grand so I'm not complaining!

Yours is the better colour though :p

Back