Technical My new 2002 scudo couple of glitches

Currently reading:
Technical My new 2002 scudo couple of glitches

bimble

Hi folks well I just bought a 2002 Scudo 2.0 jtd with 68k on it,and im pleased with it a lot smoother and quieter than the vivaro I had previously. However I bought it aware of the heater not working and the clock which is in the binacle next to the speedo also no oil pressure light and battery light come on but faint

I know these van suffer a few electrical clitches, can the binacle be repaired or is it a replacement only and if so could I fit one with a rev counter instead of a clock

One more thing is that the radio turn itself of like a loose connection, took it out but the connections seem fine in the radio

appreciate any advice Cheers

I have had the faint battery light come on when I was fitting a car radio so I disconnected & took the feeds right to the battery to be safe,the clock not working is a favorite mine had it I stripped it down & there is two pins that come out the back of the clock & touch two flimsy metal bits on the circuit board one of these had come off but unless you are competant with working on small component circuit boards stear clear because what happens is there is a thin connecting strip that comes from the speedo that is only stuck on with glue & when you are sorting your other problems out it comes off & you then you have no milage reading & you cant just stick it back on the dodge is to sort that out first & get some arraldite or other two pack epoxy & place a small piece of circuit board over the lead very carefully with the mixed resin on press something against the circuit board & ribbon lead until the resin has gone off then you would be able to do the clock & replace all the bulbs,I finished up having to get a new display unit on which i did the epoxy dodge replaced the filament bulbs with led replacements which only work one way round & after that put the speedo back to the same milage because the one i got had double the milage this i had to pay for,also you will find it hard to get a display unit because this tape coming off is a commom fault so working ones are scarce i had to try 3 from scrapyards before finding a working milage display.

Back