Fiat Cinquecento 1.0i Sporting 004.jpg

Cinquecento My Metallic Blue 1998 Cinquecento 1.1 Sporting.

Introduction

Hi well, i only joined the forum just a few day ago because i purchased this little 1998 cinqu 1.1 sporting as my little project just purely as a runaround:Djust so i do not have to drive my 2.0 16v Espace about,

I am not quite sure what iam going to be doing to it its far from being a perfict cinqu and with lots of tlc i hope in time it will be,

Well it has a years ticket on it and i have it garaged and hope to get stuck in about it in the next few weeks with a good check over mechanically then a clean top to bottom and then one of my first jobs after this is to replace the Rocker cover Gasket as it running a little at the front and then and only then will i start to sex it up a little:eek:

Cheers Scuderia

p.s Anyone now if this Blue Metallic paint colour has a name???
Reactions: blu73
If you convert to studs you can use either skinnie or you can carry four shorter studs to allow the normal skinni

wet night puncture studs 4 bolts 3 away win

Its running the standard abarth wheels with the stud and spacer conversion. A standard steel wheel doesn't fit because of the way the rear studs bolt in and how the front spacers bolt on!
Thats why I wondered if all sporting spares had the spacer welded to the inside of the wheel to allow fitting over the studs and spacer bolts.

Its running the standard abarth wheels with the stud and spacer conversion. A standard steel wheel doesn't fit because of the way the rear studs bolt in and how the front spacers bolt on!
Thats why I wondered if all sporting spares had the spacer welded to the inside of the wheel to allow fitting over the studs and spacer bolts.

Its only the red space saver that has this spacer collar welded in place,,you could just use a standard 13" steel wheel, as they don't have this collar,

Cheers Don

nice that fiat thought to do that, all our mercs came with steelies for spare but you cannot fit them with the bolts on the car and no spares supplied. And yes we found that out the hard way lol - now we have replaced all the spares with LPG tanks instead though ;)

Your having a laugh:mad:,does my Kompresser suffer from the German monumental mistake?,

Cheers Don

Its only the red space saver that has this spacer collar welded in place,,you could just use a standard 13" steel wheel, as they don't have this collar,

Cheers Don

Its the red spacesaver with the collar I need as a standard wheel wont fit!
The front spacers have 2 mounting bolts sticking out and the rear studs have a hex mounting so a standard wheel wont fit flush with the hub-have got a standard 5x13 wheel and tyre and trust me it dont fit!
Hence the original question of do all sporting spare wheels have the collar on them or are they only specific to the abarth model?!

Sorry you are correct I had not read all the documentation correctly.
It describes the OEM 14inch dealer or user fit optional kit...
It says if you need to use normal wheels e.g. for snow chains on 13 inch you need to remove the spacers and studs at the front and refit normal dowels, and remove the studs at the rear and use normal bolts instead!
The 14 inch OEM kit was 4x alloys and one specific stelli...
Sorry again donno why Fiat did that.
I'll check my sporting if you need but it does not seem to have a spacer from memory.

Noel

Yeah seems a bit of a strange setup to me too. A breakers near me has an abarth with the spare steel wheel with the collar but will not sell as says he wants to put it back on the road as its "rare and expensive"!!!!!
Would like a pair if possible so I can put snow tyres on em!
Hoping the sportings are the same or I may have to look at different spacers and convert back to normal (longer) bolts so I can then run normal wheels!

Its the red spacesaver with the collar I need as a standard wheel wont fit!
The front spacers have 2 mounting bolts sticking out and the rear studs have a hex mounting so a standard wheel wont fit flush with the hub-have got a standard 5x13 wheel and tyre and trust me it dont fit!
Hence the original question of do all sporting spare wheels have the collar on them or are they only specific to the abarth model?!

No my sporting came with a red space saver with collar.....so iam guessing that all sportings will have them,that said mines is a 98, so the earlier ones might not?...iam not sure.

Cheers Scuderia

have a look fella, its newer than all ours but it was well annoying when i discovered this!

Mmgh...i will have to check mine out,the spare is steel, and i do have stock alloys fitted,but there is no spare bolts tha'ts for sure,not to worry, if i get puncture the AA will be getting called out:D,

Edit iam not buying bolts! lol,

Cheers Don

Last edited:
i have a spare somewhere that is an alloy with a air-less tyre on it, mad thing it is!! Would you be interested in that perhaps if my dad doesn't want it. Can't see why he or my uncle would want it now none of the cars have a space for a spare lol...

Here's a pic of it on my old van, i know it looks tiny there but 99.9% sure its actually a 17" wheel.

Attachments

• 262811_10150347206021125_6478405_n.jpg
    262811_10150347206021125_6478405_n.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74
Well there seems to be three skinnie
for auto with stelli
for auto with 13 inch
for auto with 14 inch
groans

if you want to use chains you need set of 4 off 5x13 your plan of two skinni will draw the attention of VOSA or plod

Well there seems to be three skinnie
for auto with stelli
for auto with 13 inch
for auto with 14 inch
groans

if you want to use chains you need set of 4 off 5x13 your plan of two skinni will draw the attention of VOSA or plod

Hadn't thought of that!
Might be better off looking for some normal spacers and longer bolts and a set of steel wheels and then I could sell the abarth spacer and bolt kit!!.
My abarths are 5.5x14 et36 with 10mm spacer on front--what would i need to get the correct width for the front with/without the spacers? Whats the offset on 5x13 and what spacer would i need to make it the same track width as it is now? Its all far too confusing for my tiny mind!!
Maybe I'd be better off starting another thread about this when I've had time to think about which way I want to go :confused::confused:

Hadn't thought of that!
Might be better off looking for some normal spacers and longer bolts and a set of steel wheels and then I could sell the abarth spacer and bolt kit!!.
My abarths are 5.5x14 et36 with 10mm spacer on front--what would i need to get the correct width for the front with/without the spacers? Whats the offset on 5x13 and what spacer would i need to make it the same track width as it is now? Its all far too confusing for my tiny mind!!
Maybe I'd be better off starting another thread about this when I've had time to think about which way I want to go :confused::confused:
You need a 'owner handbook' for your Sei, should be one in downloads.
The 5x13H stelli with 145/70 71Q M+S is what is normal for chains I think, the normal stelli was a 5.5x13, but none of the 'normal' options needed spacers. If you are going winter tyres then 145/70 give better ground pressure.
Only the Abarth or earlier optional 'sporty kit' needed spacers or used studs all the rest fit nude and use bolts, not all the bolts will be the same length.
The Abarth kit may be slow seller as no one wants 5.5x14 rims (the standard 13 alloys 5.5x13 are even slower to sell,) cept for people going to 'make' an Abrarth or Shumi...
PM Jiminwatford for the abarth skinni, or jump on the first abarth breaking, as no one will want the skinni until they get a puncture. The 'sporty kit' probably is the same as a Abarth so a skinni from one of those would/should do as well.
BTW I get a lotta punctures, one every 20k miles on average.

Noel

Back