1.jpg

Grande Punto My Grande Punto "Winston"

Introduction

Hello All,

I have been a member on the forum for a few months and been reading the site most days, I only passed my test in September 2011 and got my GP at the end of September 2011. Please take a look at my GP and please give me some ideas as to what mods I should undertake to next.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Please note I already plan to have the following done:-

1) Lower the back and front.
2) Install a K&N 57I Induction Kit (depending on the feedback I get from you guys.
3) Chrome upper and lower front grille.
4) X-one roof spoiler.

Any other mods anyone can think of that would make my GP look the best it can look would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Stephen
I used "simply spray dye" on mine (black) and three years on they still look like new. Much better than the horrid grey that they used to be and easier than re-trimming:)
Ive used Dylon before and its pretty good stuff also.

Hello All,

Its been a rather messy morning dyeing the door cards black they are now all dyed and drying right now.

Also the postmsn brought me something else:

20130202_124535-1.jpg

I got these quite cheap compared to the rrp of £68.00.

I will of couse post some pics when the door cards are dry and the trim has been added to the door.

Regards
Stephen

Hello All,

First of, my DSLR wasnt working (battery problem) so sorry for the pics as they are off my mobile and not quite sure why they came out so small, something in the settings I must of set wrong :bang: anyways, these are the results of my door cards:

Door Card.jpg

Door Card 1.jpg

Door Card 2.jpg

Also,

Seeing as I have had these iSee3779.jpeg for about a month now I put these on the car too, dont be too harsh please I know they are not everyones cup of tea :worship: and I only bought at the same time as I bought my new brembro brake pads.

excuse the dirty alloys please!

Caliper Covers.jpg

Regards
Stephen

Evening All,

Well I do have another update for my thread only this time its another BAD update.

This morning I de-iced the windscreen and had my heaters running for 5 - 10 mins. All was well untill I switched on my windscreen wipers. There was quite abit of nice from them compared to the normal noise.

* After the noise the wipers would'nt work. All that would happen was a clicking noise. *

I have taken the car to my mechanic who advised that both the linkage snapped and the motor was blown. So, I was told that both parts were dealer parts only. A call was then placed to fiat to order the parts. I hen went off to work and I got a call to say that the cost to fix this would be £190.00. My response of course was please breakdown what I am paying for:

1) whose new front window wiped uni (linkage and motor). £148.54 (had this confirmed by fiat themselves).

2) labour £40.00.

I am to get the car back tomorrow between 12:00pm and 3:00pm.

Not the way I wanted to spend £190.00 but I have had to.

Regards
Stephen

Ouch unpredictable faults are the worst mate especially when they make your wallet thin. Seems like we are all having a bit of the old Fix It Again Tomorrow feeling at the moment.

pssht! its 'Ferrari In Affordable Trim'

;)

Stephen, I'm guessing by now your cars in the garage? £40 labor isn't too bad, Isually about 1 hours work in a good Garage :)

Try get some better pictures if you can of the door cards, from what i can see it looks like 'leather' but that may just be my dodgy eyes haha

Last edited:
Evening all,

Well what I day I strated off this morning with a lot of trust in a mechanic that has done all of the work on my car since I got it and he has also been my mother's mechanic on both her Corsa and now on her Civic.

This is what happened:

I telephoned the mechanic this morning at 11:00am to see of the part had arrived this morning from Fiat as promised yesterday. I was told no not yet but its not expected in until about 12:00pm. I said fair enough and left it at that. I then gets a phone call from the mechanic to say that the part would not be arriving today and that *SG Petch* were chasing it. I said why would they be chasing it as I was told the part was coming direct from fiat. I then gets the order number from the mechanic and did my own chasing.

Upon telephoning SG Petch I was advised that my reconditioned part should be with me by Tuesday. :eek: I said oh reconditioned and a reconditioned part costs £148.54? I was told by the very helpful parts department at SG Petch that in fact the price was not £148.54 but instead was £68.24. I then obviously at this point ended up with a face like this :mad:.

I therefore cancelled the order that my mechanic made and then got on a lift to the garage to collect my car upon collection as you can imagine words were exchanged!

I have now obtained the part I need for my car from a local scrapyard. The part cost me £30.00 plus my time and it was taken off a 2009 GP.

I am looking to fit the part tomorrow myself as I have lost all faith in garages/mechanics.

Regards
Stephen

That's discusting mate don't know how they can try and scam a valued customer they have clearly lost you and more than likely your mother and other family members and friends if you have told them. At least you had the wit to call the supplier yourself and cancel the order hope all goes well with the fitting. Maybe you could do a guide for it don't think there is one in the guide section for that?

Jordan.

It may have taken me an awful long time I have managed to install my new wiper motor and linkage. I am it isnt the hardest job in the world but I am really pleased with myself.

Will type up how I did it when I am next at my pc.

Regards
Stephen

Evening All,

I have managed to fix my car at a maximum price of £30.00 plus my petrol and 2 hours of my time.

The part which i picked up from a local scrapyard from a 2010 GP 1.9 sporting was in mint condition.

So I removed the windscreen wipers and removed the scuttle panel and to be honest it was pretty straight forward from there. Remove one whole wiper moter and linkage and replace it with another in reverse. I am sorry I didnt take note to make a gude but this is not a hard job at all. in fact, removing the heater blower and replacing the pollen filter is harder.

I now have a fully working car once again and i must say I am please with myself.

I may even use the money I have saved to get my windows tinted.

Regards
Stephen

Last edited:
Evening All,

Now I know there are alot of people who do not like bonnet bra and they see them as a chav thing to do. I wanted to see what my car would look like with one so after watching ebay for a while I managed to pick up a excellent condition one for £22.00 I didnt want to pay £60.00 to £90.00 for one.

Here is two pics of how it looks on the car:

Bra.jpg

Bra 1.jpg

I am expecting bad feedback on this but I kinda like it :worship:.

Regards
Stephen

Back