15136_372519705437_618715437_10126857_6236717_n_1_.jpg

Grande Punto My Black Tjet

Introduction

My Black Tjet Project

Thought id show how my little tjet has progressed over the last 2years :)
(bare with me ill be editing this post for a while as i get used to it lol)

I did pretty much nothing to the tjet for a year,

Firstly im not much into ICE installs, so in the audio front i only added a pre-amped subwoofer in the back, 10inch fusion tube type, the reason because it came with a remote and its suprisingly powerfull and being that it has a hard shell the boot is still very useable!

DSCN02561.JPG

DSCN02131.JPG

Next i got a Red GSR induction, not any power gains but the sound is worth it ;)

15136_372533955437_618715437_10126915_688020_n.jpg

Soon after my custom cat-back exhaust from Torque Exhausts in enfield, again power gains wernt noticeable, i asked for a 2 and 1/4 inch bore straight threw pipe and sound wise i wanted the rally pops and crackles and a nice burble on idle and they provided (y) finished with a twin 3inch tips.

DSCN0025.JPG

15136_372519660437_618715437_10126855_1260728_n_1_.jpg

15136_372519705437_618715437_10126857_6236717_n_1_.jpg
Reactions: GotGrande
Yeah I thought they were more around the low 150 mark rather than 160, I would also put money on it that the torque off this would be much greater than on the standard turbo. As its not all about the BHP figures!

James, I was thinking about the reason I won the other day, think it was a bit more down to the fact that the sports button drastically changes the responsiveness of the throttle, also the overboost would help. I think you started in 2nd and I started in 3rd as I remember you making another gearchange.

all im saying is, its a pity the bhp/torque wasn't more, my map gave me 159bhp/240lb-ft .

When you have a boost gauge installed you can see the overboost working, in 5th at around 40 upwards it will come in

the problem also is that different rollers/operators/days will bring different results.

your right i had the boost gauge and that showerd a 4psi jump for a few seconds in 4th and 5th.

tom: id like to race you and berry again see the difference now because i have more power again but the tt is considerably heavier, now on a track or twisty itd be unfair but on a straight itd be cool to see whatd happen :) if i lose again ill just go onto bikes lol

How much heavier is the TT? considering you have a what 276bhp and 4WD, thats 126BHp more as well as another 2WD! should beast me and other Tom really, only want to do it as you got annoyed with the other time!

I reckon we should have given it a go without my sport button on and saw how well the abarth did.

I would be up for giving it a go next year, when there is less ice out and road conditions are a bit better! Stupid tyres are getting little grip atm! Also think I might need a new battery, drained it the other day hoovering forgot to turn engine on. Going to try and trickle charge it over night tomorrow evening.

Snowing in London atm.....

Im really thinking should I create that pod thing you had in my car and get oil temp sensor and stuff....... Maybe next year if I actually dont spend any money!

Last edited:
How much heavier is the TT? considering you have a what 276bhp and 4WD, thats 126BHp more as well as another 2WD! should beast me and other Tom really, only want to do it as you got annoyed with the other time!

I reckon we should have given it a go without my sport button on and saw how well the abarth did.

I would be up for giving it a go next year, when there is less ice out and road conditions are a bit better! Stupid tyres are getting little grip atm! Also think I might need a new battery, drained it the other day hoovering forgot to turn engine on. Going to try and trickle charge it over night tomorrow evening.

Snowing in London atm.....

Im really thinking should I create that pod thing you had in my car and get oil temp sensor and stuff....... Maybe next year if I actually dont spend any money!

276bhp maybe, i havent dyno'd it myself yet so we'll see. going by parkers the gps was if i remember rightly 1155kg and my tt is 1465kg so theres a fair difference. really to be as accurate between the cars as poss we'd need to dyno the tjet the abarth and my tt all in a row on the same day to see the difference

lol thats why i said rolling straight line, my 4wd wouldnt be an issue then.

Make me one too :cool:

i got asked to replicate what i done sooo many times instead of paving the way with new ideas i shouldve gone into production :slayer:

276bhp maybe, i havent dyno'd it myself yet so we'll see. going by parkers the gps was if i remember rightly 1155kg and my tt is 1465kg so theres a fair difference. really to be as accurate between the cars as poss we'd need to dyno the tjet the abarth and my tt all in a row on the same day to see the difference

lol thats why i said rolling straight line, my 4wd wouldnt be an issue then.

^^ Trust me my front has been abysmal in the wet/ice recently, straight line foot down in 2nd = spin! Stupid ice on roads

i got asked to replicate what i done sooo many times instead of paving the way with new ideas i shouldve gone into production :slayer:

Pretty different, but then add the fact I probably weigh 30KG more as well :eek:P If your 0-60 states 5.15 seconds then u pretty much should kill me lol, although I would be interested in some 6th gear at 40mph take off to see how much lag we get compared to each other.

Well how much did it cost you to make roughly? was thinking of getting a spare surround and then making one, if I didnt like it well then wouldnt care to much and could put the old one back on.

Last edited:
thought id post a few pictures of the custom speedo surrounds i made, the pictures are a little old but this is my prototype ;) its since been taken back to the smoothing and sanding process again and if i hadnt had alot going on right now id have loads ready lol i should point out the surrounds like on my original arent symmetrical making this job difficult indeed

DSCN0590.JPG

DSCN0591.JPG

DSCN0662.JPG

DSCN0663.JPG

DSCN0664.JPG

Cool :) I just wondered have you made holes for the wires/tubing etc... into the surround so you cant see them?

lol jack? you dont really doubt i havent thought of that already do you?

there is a hole to slot the tubing and wiring from the gauge to 'behind the scenes' aswell as two screws that can be adjusted to hold the gauges themselves so they wont rattle or fall out ;) im not just a pretty face matey

As for the guide its a little difficult as i dont own the gps anymore and im using a forum members car to check the design
but as for routing the cables as far as i remember the power and ground feeds went to a control box underneath the steering column but i didnt touch that as i hate electrics in general, as for the boost gauge you take a feed from the inlet manifold threw the bulkhead gromit(same place most of you have wired a sub to the battery) then its behind the glovebox and headunit center to a similar area where the power is fed and up. it really didnt take more than 10-15mins to wire it all up

do i take it you both would like one of these surrounds?

there is a hole to slot the tubing and wiring from the gauge to 'behind the scenes' aswell as two screws that can be adjusted to hold the gauges themselves so they wont rattle or fall out ;) im not just a pretty face matey

As for the guide its a little difficult as i dont own the gps anymore and im using a forum members car to check the design
but as for routing the cables as far as i remember the power and ground feeds went to a control box underneath the steering column but i didnt touch that as i hate electrics in general, as for the boost gauge you take a feed from the inlet manifold threw the bulkhead gromit(same place most of you have wired a sub to the battery) then its behind the glovebox and headunit center to a similar area where the power is fed and up. it really didnt take more than 10-15mins to wire it all up

Just remember I would like one as well :p

Just trying to find a sandwich plate for my car as well as wondering what oil temp and pressure gauges would look good! also waiting for next payday!

+1

We need a guide on where/how to run the wires ;)

I know how to wire it up as I have a boost gauge already installed, its dead easy, just the t-piece on to the vacuum line thats the fiddly bit. & for the volt meter its easy peasy :)

Just making sure haha.

I could make a little guide as I did mine myself, I didn't wire it so it turns on with the lights tho but constantly on/& the colour changing thing, but I might do that though :)

Yes I would just waiting for you to make afew :)

Back