photo 1 (2).JPG

Stilo My Black Stilo Dynamic 1.6 36k miles

Introduction

Installed cruise control 23.5.12
Sunshades fitted last week (Thanks again Roy)
Beautiful car (y)
Lovely interior!! Any plans for it? If so what direction, just sort of OEM? It would look nice and clean with that stilo badge removed from the back ;) (dont know whether theres a hole behind it) and has it got parking sensors? It's hard to tell on the pics!

Lovely interior!! Any plans for it? If so what direction, just sort of OEM? It would look nice and clean with that stilo badge removed from the back (dont know whether theres a hole behind it) and has it got parking sensors? It's hard to tell on the pics!
No plans as such. Keeping it original and taking care of it. No rear parking sensors on this one (y)

What a pain in the backside this car has been.. but still can't help loving it!! :D

When I first bought the car, it was sold to me as a non-runner. They said they think the cambelt had jumped a tooth. What they didn't tell me is that someone (definitely NOT a mechanic) had try to have a go and fix it themselves! So many things were bodged together and other bits and pieces missing!

Everything that has been changed:

• Head & Cams and pulley wheels (due to inlet cam key being sheared off)
  • ECU - old one had blown an injector chip on the board! Inside of ECU was burnt!
  • 2 fuel injectors
  • Clutch
  • Timing belt and tensioners
  • Drop links
  • Drivers wiper arm (destroyed by car wash and thankfully they compensated for it).
There is a really long story about all of the above that I can't be bothered to go into. But it involves a crap mechanic, being towed on a rope @ 50mph and 3.5months of driving a Clio that almost got me killed! lol! :D

It now drives like new, albeit with a slight pop every now and then on idle. I cured the squeak in the brakes this weekend.

Things left to do:
  1. Solve the creak coming from the front - possible balljoint
  2. Air conditioning service
  3. 2 new tyres on the front
  4. Rear pads and discs
  5. Thorough flush and refill of cooling system

37k on the clock.. what could possibly go wrong in the next 37k
(y)

What a pain in the backside this car has been.. but still can't help loving it!!

When I first bought the car, it was sold to me as a non-runner. They said they think the cambelt had jumped a tooth. What they didn't tell me is that someone (definitely NOT a mechanic) had try to have a go and fix it themselves! So many things were bodged together and other bits and pieces missing!

Everything that has been changed:
•Head & Cams and pulley wheels (due to inlet cam key being sheared off)
•ECU - old one had blown an injector chip on the board! Inside of ECU was burnt!
•2 fuel injectors
•Clutch
•Timing belt and tensioners
•Drop links
•Drivers wiper arm (destroyed by car wash and thankfully they compensated for it).
There is a really long story about all of the above that I can't be bothered to go into. But it involves a crap mechanic, being towed on a rope @ 50mph and 3.5months of driving a Clio that almost got me killed! lol!

It now drives like new, albeit with a slight pop every now and then on idle. I cured the squeak in the brakes this weekend.

Things left to do:
1.Solve the creak coming from the front - possible balljoint - DONE
2.Air conditioning service - DONE
3.2 new tyres on the front - DONE (and 2x Michelin HPs on rear)
4.Rear pads and discs - DONE
5.Thorough flush and refill of cooling system - DONE

37k on the clock.. what could possibly go wrong in the next 37k

It's been a while. I now have 47k on the clock and the following things have been done:

1. Cruise Control installed and thanks to Most Easterly Pandas, light is now working on the dashboard.
2. all new xenon effect bulbs on the front, giving a white light with a blue tint - looks great!
3. Spark plugs changed as EML was flashing - no further problems.
4. Original Fiat coil pack in the boot (just in case)
5. 2 Michelin HPs fitted to the rear.
6. Rear pads fitted - 26.12.12
7. New oil pressure sensor - had a small leak
8. New battery with 2.5years warranty left on it

:)

Last edited:
Back