My BARGAIN Margarita Orange 155 HGT

Currently reading:
My BARGAIN Margarita Orange 155 HGT

Does the high speed fan kick in with the aircon on? If it does, bypass the low speed fan switch so that it kicks the high speed in instead.

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

Hi Adam.
Im jealous ;) must be a nice Bravo.
It might be worth going over all the sensor plugs and earths etc. That relay was badly corroded other stuff may be the same.

Fans

Thanks both

i'll have a look at the fans, i noticed though when i turned on the aircon switch and set it to also too, the blower fans seemed to stop and start a few times during operation which was strange?..

cleaned most of the wiring in the area of the badly corroded relay, will check again.

cheers

Almost on the road!

Update

Passed mot with just needing handbrake adjusting and the indicators stopped working (easy fix blue relay behind steering wheel)
Not bad for a car that's been standing nearly 2 years!, it had only done 230 miles since last mot in 2007!

Just got to tax it this week then give it a blast!

adam would you consider selling the orange hgt and if so what would you want for it.
thank you

Hi Hienzman

was selling the blue one, but how much are you offering??

bear in mind the orange one now has 12 months MOT and 12 months TAX!...email me on [email protected]

cheers
adam

My BARGAIN HGT

Hi all

update, now on the road and running daily, fine apart from a power steering belt squeak, retensioned but still there..bit more investigation methinks.

Leather now fitted from my other HGT, which now has cloth and standard headlights...and will be up for sale from saturday onwards, taxed and MOT'd looking for £795 ono.

here are a few pics of 'clementine'!(as my wife has christened it)

cheers

DSCF4504.jpg

DSCF4505.jpg

DSCF4506.jpg

DSCF4507.jpg

DSCF4508.jpg

DSCF4509.jpg

DSCF4510.jpg

DSCF4511.jpg

how do you tensioner/loosen off the 2nd alt belt? the one which goes round air con etc.

Tensioner

Hi Ravo_hgt

to tension aux belt you need to loosen the allen bolt in it's centre then undo or tighten the adjuster bolt that comes up above the air con compressor, when your happy with the tension then, just retighten the centre bolt..hard to get to this bolt with the hgt but just possible!

check out this link to a coupe cambelt change..it explains this procedue and its the same as the bravo's

http://www.fiatcoupe.net/howto.php?ID=1

Adam have you sorted the fan issue yet? I had the exact same problem and all it turned out to be was the blue wire running from the top right of the rad, down to the resistor at the bottom left. I just swapped it for a new one with new connectors and hey presto. It's usually the simplest of things.

John

sig1.jpg

adam,

I have sent you a rather urgent e-mail!
Please let me know that you receive it?
Thank you

Sorry,

I have just seem from a thread that you are in Coventry.

I'm far too far away, I'm sorry, it's not going to work out.

Thank you

Adam, did you get the overheating problem sorted ?

Got a similar problem with mine... relay, fan and switch are ok... so got my freindly auto electrician to have a look.

Found out it was the resistor unit located at the bottom of the rad.. £33 from Fiat.

Might be worth a look to see if yours has corroded too.

Hi Mark,

i may have a look, as even though i flushed out rad, changed the relay and thought all was ok, i got very near to overheating in traffic after a long run the other day and fan did still not cut in, i'll check the resistor, i have a spare on an old fan assembly to try in the first instance, do you know the part number off hand if i need to get one??

cheers
adam

P.s.

Blue HGT sold yesterday! :( ..just a one HGT man now!

Will get the part number when it's in.. Auto Elecy chap ordered it for me.

My resistor was corroded, almost like your relay, so could probs be the problem on yours too. Defo worth checking.

Will have to renew my membership... have to get both of ours together at a meet... as they are only 1 mumber out. Missus thought it quiet freaky when I showed her your pics...lol.

My BARGAIN HGT

Hi Mark

interesting they are one number out!..yes we must get them together..got andy pics of yours??

i didn't get my original service book with the car and want to trace some of the early history.
as yours is only one number out i guess they were registered by the same dealer in the same part of the country?.. do you know the original supplying dealer for your car?..if so could you message me their info so i can ring them to find out?
i noticed when doing the cambelt that the head was stamped up as year 03 and the pastic top section as 02!..also noticed the bonnet bolts have been out so the bonnet has been off, so i recon its had a new head at some point!..would love to trace the history and work done!

cheers
adam