Technical My 3rd central locking question :/

Currently reading:
Technical My 3rd central locking question :/

Tomw1123

Right guys as my title says i think this is my third question on central locking, but im looking at remote central locking kits, and though because its central locking already would i only need to wire up say the drivers door wires to the remote box then it would unlock all of it from that ? :confused:

If you've got central locking already, just buy a meta 20 relay - £75 if I remember correctly. You just swap the relay and there you go, remote c/l with 2 fobs and it only takes about 30 seconds! I use one on my Bravo and I've just ordered one for the wife's Sei. Also, they are Fiat branded so I presume they were an option for cars without c/l.

Its a cinquecento sporting 96, those relays apparently arent a straight fit in a cinq, so i have to use a kit but was unsure if i could just hook up to one door solenoid and becos its central it would unlock them all when one goes ?

The Seicento central locking control is very simple. Just tap into the wires at the base of the A=post where they come in from the door (remove the plastic trim - 2 screws).

Identify the locking control wires:

Lock - White/Yellow
Unlock - Light Blue/Red

Earthing the respective wire causes the locks to lock/unlock, as appropriate.

You can buy a remote locking unit from Ebay for £20-30 and mount it at the base of the A-post or up behind the interior fusebox.

On the cinquecento the central locking wires are in a different place iirc. i think i'll buy one of those remote central locking units on payday :) I seen ones that flash the indicatos aswell, would that just be connected to the hazzards switch ? ;)

Mine is connected to the two individual indicator wires from the column switches, you could probably use the same wires in the back of the hazard switch but iirc the column ones are easier to get at.

No siren in the box, it had a wire to hook up to the horn but I didn't bother as I get in from work at around quarter past ten and Cinq central locking sounds like Alcatraz on lockdown anyway, that's audible notification enough imo :p

Back