General My 1.4 Grande Punto!

Currently reading:
General My 1.4 Grande Punto!

Hi guys!

So I used to own a Punto Mk2 which was sadly wrote off by an Audi Q5 running a red light :cry:. So about a month ago I bought my 1.4 GP, it was delivered and then swiftly returned to the dealership when the engine cut out! :bang:. It was gone for almost 4 weeks. Yesterday it came back with new MAP sensors, new lambda sensors and a new thermostat body!

So I finally have my car and wanted to show it to you guys:
20150415_145420.jpg
20150415_145433.jpg
20150415_145443.jpg

Its really dirty from sitting around in a garage for almost a month. I'm waiting for some new detailing supplies to arrive before I clean it.

I have some planned mods:
Flyeyes front and back
Badgeless grill
Sports arial (already done :))
Team Heko wind deflectors
Powder coat the alloys black
Fit colour coded door handles
Possibly removing the rear badges and having the boot skimmed and painted

Any thing else you guys can suggest?

Its great to finally be a GP owner! :D

I really like the car. Sorry to hear that you were unlucky with it in the first place. Usually those are pretty reliable.

So I got up nice and early this morning and put my flyeyes kit on the front. Even though I bought their biggest kit I've not get enough left to dot he rears, so another kit it is (n). I've got enough left to do the side repeaters so I'll do them later today. I also installed my badgeless grill :D. Thoughts?
20150415_165441.jpg

Last edited:
Looks smart :D have you though anything about the exhaust? The tip to be exact. I hated the GP sportings drop down exhaust just hiding away behind the bumpers. So I got myself an exhaust tip :)

So it took me 4 and a half hours yesterday but the car has had a full detail and now looks fantastic! :cool:

2015-04-16 15.07.44.jpg
2015-04-16 15.12.33.jpg
2015-04-16 18.55.07.jpg
2015-04-16 18.55.18.jpg
2015-04-16 18.55.35.jpg

I couldn't even tell the paint was metallic before I started!

Looks good! As tjscotton already suggested you, try to get some 17'' wheels, if you want to see how they look check out my car in the only thread I opened.

Sorry for your issues, especially with the engine. They are usually very reliable, was the car pre-owned?

Looks good! As tjscotton already suggested you, try to get some 17'' wheels, if you want to see how they look check out my car in the only thread I opened.

Sorry for your issues, especially with the engine. They are usually very reliable, was the car pre-owned?

Those wheels look really good! Going to have to try and fine myself some!

Yeah the car was pre owned it had only had one lady owner from new though and it only has 30,000 on the clock. I bought it from a dealership though so they sorted all the problems so I didn't pay a penny :D

Nice :D what products did you use for the outside?

Well this time I wanted to strip all the wax and everything that was put on it in the past (because I don't know what has been done to the paint work in the past)

So step by step:
Step 1: Autobright snow foam to soften dirt, left for 10 minutes and then washed off.
Step 2: I clayed the car with a clay bar and used soap and water for lubricant (people say not to use soap and water because it damages the clay) this should have removed most of the remaining dirt and also most of any wax which was left on the paintwork.
Step 3: Washed with fairy liquid and water, 2 bucket method (I would normally used something like autoglym shampoo but I wanted to make sure all the wax was stripped off) and then dried
Step 4: Autoglym super resin polish to fill most of the swirl marks (there was quiet a few!)
Step 5: Poorboys Black hole show gloss polish (gives the car a really nicee shine and filled any remaining swirl marks) its formulated specifically for darker paints and came up really nice.
Step 6: Finally sealed the whole thing with Poorboys Natty paste wax, again formulated for darker cars.
Step 7: cleaned the alloyed with autoglym fast alloys.
Step 8: Dressed the tyres and trim with a bumper and tyre gel (name escapes me!)
Step 9: Windows where cleaned with Autoglym fast glass

I normally wouldn't go through all that but now its done it shouldn't need anything that drastic for at least the next 3 months. Just simple wash and topping up on the wax now and again.

Well this time I wanted to strip all the wax and everything that was put on it in the past (because I don't know what has been done to the paint work in the past)

So step by step:

Step 1: Autobright snow foam to soften dirt, left for 10 minutes and then washed off.

Step 2: I clayed the car with a clay bar and used soap and water for lubricant (people say not to use soap and water because it damages the clay) this should have removed most of the remaining dirt and also most of any wax which was left on the paintwork.

Step 3: Washed with fairy liquid and water, 2 bucket method (I would normally used something like autoglym shampoo but I wanted to make sure all the wax was stripped off) and then dried

Step 4: Autoglym super resin polish to fill most of the swirl marks (there was quiet a few!)

Step 5: Poorboys Black hole show gloss polish (gives the car a really nicee shine and filled any remaining swirl marks) its formulated specifically for darker paints and came up really nice.

Step 6: Finally sealed the whole thing with Poorboys Natty paste wax, again formulated for darker cars.

Step 7: cleaned the alloyed with autoglym fast alloys.

Step 8: Dressed the tyres and trim with a bumper and tyre gel (name escapes me!)

Step 9: Windows where cleaned with Autoglym fast glass

I normally wouldn't go through all that but now its done it shouldn't need anything that drastic for at least the next 3 months. Just simple wash and topping up on the wax now and again.

Wow that's a good days clean then :D thanks for the deep info, I'm going to do some exterior work on my GP, the colour I've got is a right #### for pretty much anything so needs a good going over soon!

Back