Technical Multipla X reg - front middle seat slide range

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla X reg - front middle seat slide range

ukjoe

Multipla 110 1.9JTD year 2000 - I would like to be able to slide the front middle seat further forward than it can. It does slide back and forth and I think it has full normal range, but this range is a lot less than the other front seats, and I think it is just that there is some sort of limiter in place to stop it going forward more.

Can the limiter be removed?
Will it stop the seatbelt working? Or similar?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

The middle seat is quite forward anyway. Could be an airbag safety reason. Seat belt is connected to the seat. I wouldn't like to mess with the fixings personally.

Hi there. Middle front seat does come out but it is a bit of a fiddle.

There used to be the option of having a fridge in place of the centre front seat, but despite this it was never an easy option to remove it.

I have removed mine a couple of times and put it back again without any damage. It's all hex keys, (allen keys) and philips screws, I think.

As for the slider, I don't think the mechanism is quite like on other sliding seats, but if you have an hour or two, do whip it out and have a fiddle an post some pics on here.

Hang on, that didn't quite sound right......... lol.

Panda.

This has always puzzled me. I've had the car from new. I can't EVER remember it sliding.

my solution is to put petite people (Mrs Disgusted) in that seat.

:eek: I do have to confess that the Multijet nosejobs didn't have a centre sliding front seat. I bought a 2nd hand front seat off a breakers and nicked the runners off of it. But on your ELX, I am sure they do. Sit Mrs. Disgusted in there and give her a good push and a shove. I'm sure she won't mind! :D

;) The current Mrs. Pandabloke (Ms. actually...) is indeed herself only 4' 11'' but I am trying to convince her to partake of a little pushing and shoving in the middle seat......... As yet to no avail but she is quite partial to a drop of Bacardi and Meths, so I haven't completely given up hope of getting her in the mood, yet....:D

Not quite so disgusted (more disgusting, really...) of Deal, Kent.(y)

Back