Technical multipla owner again

Currently reading:
Technical multipla owner again

phillnzo

hi all,

have just picked up our second multi after owning one years ago, loved the car hated the problems from a prevkious owner not looking after it.

new one is a 2004 jtd dynamic plus.
it has a few niggles but it was £400 with 87k.
braking makes the indicators flash and indicating turns on the front fog switch. turning on the front fog switch causes power loss.
airbag light is on. after doing a bit of reading i'm hoping it is a bad earth.
anyone else had these strange issues.
mechanically so far in the one long drive back it hasn't missed a beat.

thanks phill.
(long time since i have owned a fiat, the stilo put me off)

I've definitely had braking the fog switch illuminating. On my sisters car unplanned lighting sequences were caused by the wrong type of bulb in the holder thereby shorting across two independent circuits. Might be a quick and simple check to look at the bulbs in the rear clusters. Sometimes the airbag light is due to a poor connection in the wires/connector under the seat. You'll have to disconnect the battery to unplug/plug them back in and check. Make sure you have your radio code beforehand.
Anyway good luck. They're honest old buses that enjoy a bit of attention. True of all Fiats I recon.

Thanks. My first port of call was going to be the bulb holders. I miss my uno' s hopefully I can get things sorted quickly . Then there is the egr blanking decision.........

have checked passenger side rear bulb plug and scorching and corroded pin. hopefully i can clean it up.
whilst looking at the headlights i noticed a random grey bulb holder just hanging down with a bulb inside the dust cover, looks like a stop and tail. no obvious place for it very odd. the folding mirrors are not working is t the fuse possibly?

Is the loose bulb holder in the headlight or the tail light? Your description is a bit ambiguous!

Mirrors - possibly fuse, possibly corrosion in the castings for the mirror housings where the pivot is. If possible, try folding the mirror by hand, but don't force it. If it won't budge, take the mirror off (easy - pull off the triangular plastic window trim around the small window inside the door, then one electrical plug and 3 screws) and leave the joint to soak in some acetic acid or vinegar for a while. This can neutralise the white oxidisation and free up the pivot.

Have had both rear lights out earth pin both sides needed cleaning and all ok no weird flashing. Airbag light still on not checked connector yet.
Random bulb was in drivers side headlight

Pic

Attachments

• 20180920_165141.jpg
    20180920_165141.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
Back