Technical Multipla airbag light (red one)

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla airbag light (red one)

rnhobbs

We love our 2003 Multipla JTD, even when it needed a new gearbox last month, rear sub-frame bushes the month before, swing arm bearings the month before that and a whole host of other things over the last 18 months (blower motor not working, faulty EGR, seized spare wheel cable, corroded headlight wiring, bouncing belt tensioner, handbrake cables, etc...etc......). Good job I've got a decent-size toolbox! (y)

We still love it, especially the wife - it turquoise you see. With 3 children all in car-seats, you can't get better!

BUT, that blasted red airbag light is testing my patience. It's on 90-95% of the time. It goes off every now and again, usually in co-incident with a pot-hole or speed-bump. :(

Today i stripped out the wiring under the seats. Removed the infamous orange connectors and binned them. I replaced them with new snap-connectors that I meticulously crimped, soldered, insulated, assembled and then snapped together. Job-done, better than new. And I can still un-plug the seats if needed.

But the light is still on!!!!! Aaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! It's an MoT failure from the March 2012. :bang:

Where else should I be looking?
I read something on a German web-site about something in the boot?
Can anyone help? :confused:

Not sure. But I want the airbag system working correctly anyway. I put my wife and kids in the car!

Mine is the same, I am waiting on some extra cables to connect to the airbag ecu using fiat ecuscan, maybe they with help identify exactly where the fault lies, I won't hold my breath though. I will report back here when they arrive.

Yep, I've downloaded the software and found the lead on ebay. Let me know how you get on before I invest in bits and pieces. Ta.

Back