Technical Multijet Rubbing noise

Currently reading:
Technical Multijet Rubbing noise

Carpking

Hello,
My 1.9 Multijet Punto is making a rotating rubbing noise when in gear driving at slow speeds. The noise seems the match the wheel speed and i cant replicate the noise when in neutral.

the noise seems to be from the front right but that might just me be.

I've checked under the car and the gearbox mount and driveshaft looks ok, and a brief inspection of the brakes seem fine.

any ideas?

hi, rubbing or scraping? I have had a metallic scraping noise appear before now and it was the front brake weather shield behind the disc that had gone a bit rusty, slighty deformed and was touching the disc. I just bent it back out of the way.

but if its deffo a rubbing, it could be an arch liner or other plastic part fouling on the tyre or ground, you have ruled out anything engine related such as belts as the noise doesnt happen with the car not moving and with the engine running.

let us know how you get on

Yes i stuck my head in the wheel arch and checked for the dust shield rubbing, it didn't touch the disk at all but i bent it back a little to make sure and i still get the noise.

The noise sounds like a rubbing, but may be a grinding sound muffled out, its hard to explain.

i only get the noise when in gear, if I coast with the car in neutral the noise goes.

Back