Technical Multiecuscan

Currently reading:
Technical Multiecuscan

Purchased one today and gave it a try, not too sure what I am doing yet, I ran it through most of the ecu's and the only fault it seemed to indicate ( no fault codes that I saw may have missed them) is reproduced below. can anyone throw some on this information, it was in the BCC. I did the test sat in the car the radio was on and my phone was in my pocket.

The CAN data communication line (Controller Area Network) between different vehicle ECUs does not work correctly.
The CAN BUS is a connection between ECUs which enables them to share information and synchronize the function of the different systems. Depending on the vehicle, the CAN line can link the engine, ETC, ESP, ABS, Immobilizer, AirBag (SRS), A/C system (CC) etc.
Check the harness between the ECUs for opens, shorts and weak connections, and ripple free power and good ground supplies to the ECUs.
Ensure that no additional equipment emitting strong radio or magnetic fields is installed close to the ECU wiring (car telephone, stereo speaker wires etc.)
The fault is intermittent. Clear fault codes, and observe for future appearance of the same fault. Dashboard warning light was not activated for this fault.

I am using a cable.
On this setup it supplies a elm327 it has an connector to connect to my notebook and the other end to one of the 6 connectors provided and the other end to he diagnostic socket to the right of the steering wheel in the the car, in the multiecuscan program on the notepad I have to set up a virtual com port, com port three and the software connects to this . I can then communicate with the various ecu.s in the car, the programme tells me which of the different connectors to use for the different ecu.s I want to communicate with. I did not know there was a way to use wifi to connect to the elm327. Of the 6 connectors provided I he only used two of them up to now and the have covered most of the ecus.

Back