Technical Multiecuscan results 2.3 130 euro6 2017

Currently reading:
Technical Multiecuscan results 2.3 130 euro6 2017

I did a number of test runs with my Ducato in order to get a base point for a known good engine. No codes 8000miles. The data was collected on a specific test route that i can repeat, about a mile between 2 round abouts. How useful is it should i add a 20mile test route moastly dual caridgeway. Looking at the egr position results the actuals follow targets reasonably well but have some under and overshoots at sharp increase decrease in revs.
Are these all acceptable and could they be used for comparisson with other engine that have had problems eg the 401 code.

Ducato testtrack1 revs versus time.jpg
Ducato idle turbo bost.jpg
Ducato Warm idle injector variation.jpg
Ducato Air intake Test track1.jpg
Ducato  DPF pressure sensorTesttrack1.jpg
Ducato  EGR position Testtrack1.jpg
Ducato idle turbo bost.jpg
Ducato injector variation trip test track1.jpg
Ducato  O2 sensors Testtrack1.jpg

I have now run data collection for 100mile trips using Alfaobd and a samsung J6 mobile phone and Vgate BT dongle.
graph not previously shown
1650669326236.png

In this case the measured versus target is quite different is this normal?
I created a template for further use. Is this a sensible group of measurements?
Time
Engine speed rpm
Engine coolant temperature °C
EGR high pressure valve required position mm
EGR high pressure valve measured position mm
EGR low pressure valve required position mm
EGR low pressure valve measured position mm
Lambda probe upstream oxygen concentration %
Lambda probe downstream Diesel Particulate Filter oxygen concentration %
Diesel Particulate Filter differential pressure sensor mbar
Fuel correction cylinder 1 mm3/stroke
Fuel correction cylinder 2 mm3/stroke
Fuel correction cylinder 3 mm3/stroke
Fuel correction cylinder 4 mm3/stroke
Throttle valve measured position %
Throttle valve target position %

Or should i include 2 of these 4 instead of the last 2
I can only monitor 16 pids at a time

Air flow rate mass measured mg/stroke
Air Flow Rate target mg/stroke
Turbocharger pressure measured mbar
Turbocharger pressure target mbar​

Hi

It's possible your two measurements are in different units. The general shape is the same but they aren't simply scaled versions of each other. Both mg per stroke and grams per second are used, and their relationship depends on RPM. I can't give you a conversion formula as I am supposed to be cooking breakfast !

Hi

I have done some rough calculations. Assume a 4 cylinder 4 stroke diesel of 2.3 litres. At idle with no turbo boost and ignoring EGR, assume the volumetric efficiency is 67% and air is 1.3 milligrams per cc. That gives about 500 mg of air per stroke.

At near full power with turbo boost, assume the volumetric efficiency rises to 134 %. That gives about 1000 mg of air per stroke, i.e. double the idle value. This seems to roughly tally with your dark blue "measured" trace.

For a 4 cylinder 4-stroke, multiply the milligrams per stroke by the RPM then divide by 30000 to Convert to the alternative units of grams per second.

Example 1: 500 mg/stroke x 800 RPM divided by 30000 equals 16.7 grams/second

Example 2: 1000 mg/stroke x 3200 RPM divided by 30000 equals 133.3 grams per second

The grams per second value for my chosen examples varies over an 8 to 1 range

I'm not sure if that is what you are seeing with the light blue "target" trace, but I hope this might be enough to send you in the right direction !

Back