500 Multiecuscan check Odometer Rollback? or what ?

Currently reading:
500 Multiecuscan check Odometer Rollback? or what ?

tonnaf

hello , today i got multiecuscan and i scan to check km of the fiat, but i see somthing not normal
odometer 156205 km
engine managment 245171 km

seem like a vehicle has lower mileage than it really does or what does it mean ?

any idea ?

Its either had a substitute distance recorder or a new ecu with a higher milage or its milage has been reduced. If a new distance clock is fitted reputable garages and honest owners would advance the reading of teh 'new' clock to meet the cars actiual distance travelled. It is quite a large discrepancy.

Its either had a substitute distance recorder or a new ecu with a higher milage or its milage has been reduced. If a new distance clock is fitted reputable garages and honest owners would advance the reading of teh 'new' clock to meet the cars actiual distance travelled. It is quite a large discrepancy.
is there any other way to find the real one? eg abs or gearbox in the manual case?

yes until 100000km , and what i know from the system ( statens vegvesen) its one owner from 2010 untill janary 2024 and every 2 years updated km , by EU kontrol ..i'm a little bit confused... because I bought it from a car dealer... he says he didn't know much about the vehicle...

OK. You can check the operating time of the ECU. You can compare the operating times of IPC, ECM and BCM. It should be approximately the same. And what is the mileage in BCM?

OK. You can check the operating time of the ECU. You can compare the operating times of IPC, ECM and BCM. It should be approximately the same. And what is the mileage in BCM?
hello , sorry for late reply , how can i check the oparting time of the ECU with multiecuscan? i have only the yellow cable can i check ipc ecm and bcm with that or i need to order other cables ? thnx for your help

Dare I say 150,000 miles is quite a distance for a little Fiat, not saying it wouldn't do it but sounds high
Given you can't reduce the mileage I'd say replacement ecu
its a difference about 87000 km , the ex owner have no info about replacment of ECU :( , i dont know what can i do to.. I would really like to find out more..

Mismatching ECU and odometer mileages is not uncommon. My Croma 2005 had differences. Other people on MES forum have found differences. There has been no real logical explanation for why these occur.

If the odometer is know to have not been replaced then this is the definitive "distance recorder" as the signal is taken from the gearbox final drive.

For the engine ECU to know then it either has to use the odometer signal or CAN communicated value OR it has to use engine revolutions coupled with gear selection.

Hello again,

The info below
There is a huge difference between
BCM 737555 ( data from instrument cluster)
ECU 230428 (from engine )

Any idea?

Just some more information about this..

Attachments

• Fiat5001.2.pdf
    402.1 KB · Views: 24
Well looking at the numbers:

Engine ECU time = 3,840 Hours - 160 days
Engine ECU km = 245,278 km
Average Speed = 64 km / hour = 40 mph

Odometer Time = 122,937 Hours (122937) - 5,122 days - 14 years
Jan 2010 to Jan 2024 = 14 Years = 5110 days so the instrument panel has had power for the expected time/age of the car

Odometer km = 167,694 km and 3840 hours is Average Speed = 44km/h = 28 mph

To me 44 km/h - 28 mph is a far more realistic vehicle lifetime average speed than 40 mph. 40mph would mean a long life at motorway speeds.

Back