Mtec brake discs.

Currently reading:
Mtec brake discs.

I just ordered a pair of grooved only, black Edition Mtec brake discs for my Alfa GT.
The new Brembo Max discs that I have fitted just before our vacation trip to Italy, are warped, or at least one is.
I will not use Brembo again, as I had problems with that brand before on other cars.
I discovered Mtec on the internet, they supply inexpensive performance discs, even to my country!
Anyone here has used them, any comments?
www.mtecbrakes.co.uk

I had a set of front and rear grooved and drilled on Honda Civic Type-R.

Wish I had changed them to these years ago. Felt so much better than the OEM Honda discs and pads. Always felt that the CTR wouldn't stop, or at least didn't have a good bite when you touched the brakes.

Changed them to the MTEC brakes and these worries evaporated.
Don't know how long they will last or if they are any good after 6 months as I sold the CTR and bought something else.

But until the day the CTR was sold the brakes were a good improvement.

Forgot to mention. Don't worry about getting the Black Edition discs as they will look like the picture anyway as the grooves end up with brake dust in them, so they look black any way. The only thing I did before fitting them was to paint the hubs with black high temperature paint. Mainly for aesthetic reasons and to stop them going rusty. You can over paint the very edge of the disc, where the pads touch as the paint will be removed the first time you brake. Gives you a nice smooth edge to the paint.

Last edited:
Back