Technical Mot failure massive emissions

Currently reading:
Technical Mot failure massive emissions

Finally got it up for mot today all god apart from headlamp aim (wont adjust)
and emissions failure ... massively out of scope as well
CO..%Vol ... Max = 0.300 Actual - 8.927
HC ppm Max = 200 Actual 1606
Lambda 0.970-1.030 Actual .745
Also when taking it up to the test center it wont run properly , it revs fine when not under load but won't accelerate in a high gear . in neutral will rev to the red line no problems just massively down on power
And ideas where to start ?:cry:

with those figures i would suggest map sensor or a blockage to map sensor
is it a 16 valve?
its on the top of the engine to the left if it is
dont keep running at these figures because you will kill the cat
hth

had the same problem today on an 8 valver
running high 12 co on the emissions second run but it sounded and ran fine
new map cured it
cant believe saw this very problem just the next day

Attachments

• 260412-1240.jpg
    260412-1240.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 260412-1238.jpg
    260412-1238.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 39
Havent had chance to look at it yet but hopefully your right and it will be the end of the saga for this one
although my hc is well up on that one pictured
Also i am presuming my EM light ( lambda code) is a symptom not the cause ?

Not ideal i know BUT if i unplugg the MAP then it should revert to default setting on the ecu and an improvement would be noticeable yes ?
then i could order a new map once im 75% certain its at fault

Put the old throttle body on yesterday and it looks like it may be sorted (was only swapped to try and solve a starting issue ) . now when i rev the engine there is suction coming form the intake , and if i cover it completely the engine will stall ,only thing is i now get a acc position sensor fault that wont clear .. will teke it out for a test drive later and see if its running properly under load

Failed with the old throttlebody on , but as he was testing it i unplugged the MAP and it dropped from 9.7 to 4.5 and even went as low as 3. so as already suggested a new MAP is on order i am wondering about changing the lambda at the same time as the testing station is ten miles away

Well it isnt the MAP , cant give figures as i had booked it in for an emissions test and the nob wouldnt test it . you can smell its overfuelling and now has developed a missfire .
obviously the missfire isnt going to help ,but apart from fixing the missfire any ideas

know what your saying but the missfire is recent , it still has the huge emissions before it started pissing about .
Only code that comes up is o2 sensor and i was presuming its because of the rich running but not sure now .
it has one of those £30 e-gay universal sensors on that you have to solder the old plug on . question is is it worth either £50 on a bosh or £70 on one from fiat ?
in theory a universal should do the job it is only a sensor after all .

Back