Technical More radio problems

Currently reading:
Technical More radio problems

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

fiat_freak

Bought a used Fiat (Phillips) radio/cassette from a Mk2 Punto from a guy on e-bay. It came complete with its security code.

Bunged it in the old Mk1 Punto and switched on. It worked fine for 5 minutes and then went to “Code”. Put the code in (took a few tries as I don’t have the handbook for that model) and it worked perfect for abut 15 minutes and then cut out. It still showed all the stations, just couldn’t get any sound from it.

Have since put the code back in several times but it won’t work. As soon as you finish putting the code in, it goes back to “WAIT”. It now keeps me waiting for over 30 minutes before it goes back to “Code”.

What’s going on? Anybody understand these ****y things?

Bought a used Fiat (Phillips) radio/cassette from a Mk2 Punto from a guy on e-bay. It came complete with its security code.

Bunged it in the old Mk1 Punto and switched on. It worked fine for 5 minutes and then went to “Code”. Put the code in (took a few tries as I don’t have the handbook for that model) and it worked perfect for abut 15 minutes and then cut out. It still showed all the stations, just couldn’t get any sound from it.

Have since put the code back in several times but it won’t work. As soon as you finish putting the code in, it goes back to “WAIT”. It now keeps me waiting for over 30 minutes before it goes back to “Code”.

What’s going on? Anybody understand these ****y things?
i have manual for this, pm me your email address, and i will scan a copy and email you it

After Davids help, found some instructions on the web which say

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press Preset "1" And The Display Will Show " 0 - - - "
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct Digit
Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
If the correct code number is now shown

This is exactly what I have been doing but after the last step mine goes immediately back to "WAIT" and I have to wait over half an hour for "Code" to come back.

Is there a fault in the radio? Advice please

Could be that it's looking for the CAN line info (being designed for a mk2) and when it can't find it, just resets itself for some reason.

Or, it was sold on ebay because it's knackered.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back