Technical Crank Pulley problem

Currently reading:
Technical Crank Pulley problem

Hi Folks

I am doing a 1.1 to 1.2 upgrade on my mischief machine. I have used the 1.1 head on the 1.2 body (the 1.1 head had been ported and has a 270 degree fast road cam in it.

However I have hit a snag.

The 1.2 engine came without a bottom pulley and to match the belt (CT999) I have i need a 8 pitch pully - all I have is a 9.5 pitch pulley.

Does anyone have a spare 8 pitch pulley or does anyone know the part number for a longer belt.

The 1.1 belt is 90mm long it seems the 1.2 belt is 140mm long.

So to summarise

I either need to get an 8 pitch drive pully OR a 9.5pitch belt 140mm long

Can anyone help ?

Hi Folks

I am doing a 1.1 to 1.2 upgrade on my mischief machine. I have used the 1.1 head on the 1.2 body (the 1.1 head had been ported and has a 270 degree fast road cam in it.

However I have hit a snag.

The 1.2 engine came without a bottom pulley and to match the belt (CT999) I have i need a 8 pitch pully - all I have is a 9.5 pitch pulley.

Does anyone have a spare 8 pitch pulley or does anyone know the part number for a longer belt.

The 1.1 belt is 90mm long it seems the 1.2 belt is 140mm long.

So to summarise

I either need to get an 8 pitch drive pully OR a 9.5pitch belt 140mm long

Can anyone help ?
Any chance contacting a cam belt manufacturer to see if they do a belt that size/pitch of similar length for another vehicle.

whatever combination you end up using, don't forget to check if you have the correct water pump (correct pitch pulley).

Back