DSC_3337-W1000.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) mk2b Sporting 16v..

Hiya Dave

The idea was to show the sticker in context, as opposed to a close up on the car, in which you may as well be looking at the picture on ebay........It's also pretty clear you know very little about photography, or, for that matter, interpreting imagery in general, as since when does something have to be in the middle of a picture for you to notice?

I appreciate the feedback, good or bad, it's just a sticker so if I don't like it in a weeks time, it'll come off!

Just polished her(?) and it's looking good. Autoglym super resin polish ftw.....

DSC_3414.jpg

DSC_3409.jpg

BUT... (n)

Got these top coat scratches which I just can't seem to get rid off, want to avoid T-cut, what is the best way to get rid of these? Had a real good polish but nothing shifting.

DSC_3413.jpg

cheers

It's also pretty clear you know very little about photography, or, for that matter, interpreting imagery in general, as since when does something have to be in the middle of a picture for you to notice?

I appreciate the feedback, good or bad, it's just a sticker so if I don't like it in a weeks time, it'll come off!

In general the centre or slightly offset is the focal point. especially if its something that stands out. the abarth sticker on the badge seems to blend with the color of your car, whereas the TorqueItalia is in contrast.

But back on topic. i like the abarth logo, looks good. works with the color of the car. Subtle things work (y)

Where are those scratches on the car, looks like the roof. how have they got up there? :confused: how deep are they?

the best thing ive found is TurtleWax color+ its comes with a stick of what is essentially dry wax. you rub these against the scratch or chip (across, not along) then use a microfiber and get rid of the excess. then go over it with the wax itself. The stick acts as a filler..

Other than that i really like this car, looks fantastic. i actually like the seats. and the yellow trim mats work well (y)

Sorry I didn't say, yeah it's the roof. They're on and off about a foot long, very, very light, just top coat I imagine, as you can only see them in the right angle and light. I must have done it when cleaning it or something, either that or I didn't notice it before I bought it, which is feasible but unlikely.

I need to buy some wax, and, on recommendation by the previous owner, I'll probably go for collinite, as he was mad about waxing it and did it very often, so I trust his judgement if he says collinite is the best. I understand what this stick is, like a filler, and it sounds good, so I will have a look at it. Do I need to buy it for a specific colour?

Thanks for your comments, very nice. I like the car too :D

Sorry I didn't say, yeah it's the roof. They're on and off about a foot long, very, very light, just top coat I imagine, as you can only see them in the right angle and light. I must have done it when cleaning it or something, either that or I didn't notice it before I bought it, which is feasible but unlikely.

I need to buy some wax, and, on recommendation by the previous owner, I'll probably go for collinite, as he was mad about waxing it and did it very often, so I trust his judgement if he says collinite is the best. I understand what this stick is, like a filler, and it sounds good, so I will have a look at it. Do I need to buy it for a specific colour?

Thanks for your comments, very nice. I like the car too :D

things like that happen. cleaning, sand, branches. a good wax should get it out.

the stick comes with the TurtleWax bottle, dont know if you can get it separately. "EDIT; You can get similar multi color wax sticks from halfords and motorfactors". the color wax is color specific. they do one for most colors, you just pick the bottle that is nearest specific to your car. they do a black one.

G3 then G10

Expand a little? Are these colour codes?

things like that happen. cleaning, sand, branches. a good wax should get it out.

the stick comes with the TurtleWax bottle, dont know if you can get it separately. "EDIT; You can get similar multi color wax sticks from halfords and motorfactors". the color wax is color specific. they do one for most colors, you just pick the bottle that is nearest specific to your car. they do a black one.

Ok thanks, I will have a look through halfords. Should have asked earlier, made a special trip there today to get the autoglym, silly me. I thought that would get it out.

ah well, thanks Russ

Got my extra horns fitted today. Now people will move when I beep my horn, and I don't sound like noddy.

DSC_3454.jpg

As I recall;

1 x Original Stock Horn
1 x Jaguar Horn
1 x Audi A6 (1 of two tone)
1 x Mercedes Saloon

Four beefy horns alone, combined together = 4 tone madness, and a heck of a lot of wires.

It's hard to video the sheer loudness, but I will have a go :p Any horn sounds loud when the camera is next to it. Still, the four tones sound great :D

It makes the car vibrate quite a lot, the sheer decibels vibrating through the chassis, it's very satisfying.

I'd describe it as an aggressive, sharp tone now, as opposed to before where it was a lot more of a "friendly" horn. Much better

Cheers

That does look nice(y)

G3, G10.. These are rubbing compounds for getting rid of scratches in you're paintwork, different numbers for different levels of abrasive (Grit) in the product.

All polishes are abrasive, wax/sealer is for putting a coating over the top of the paint to protect it and make it really shiny.

Tinting you're headlights has been mentioned, if you want to do this then please consider that it works both ways and will reduce the light output from them, I would use Laminex film as you can remove it if you don't like it and it will also add some stone chip protection.

HID would be dodgy in those light units, the MK2A gets away with them as they have projector style lights which do not suffer from beam scatter like yours will, Philips xtreme vision bulbs are about the best that money can buy at the moment so for a 100% legal upgrade buy those.

My black sporting will hopefully be here this evening, won't be as shiny as yours though.

Nice, thanks for the info on the compounds, I will search something suitable out.

Tinting wise, I was actually going to do the same as the nice HGT on here in that I cut around the edge of the light with a dremel, then paint basically everything bar the light cones in grey/black colour, then glue it all back together. It's not tinted as such, but looks a lot nicer. Ideally I want to get some to practise on, or just one, but local scrappy has none, and all the B's in the compound are head-ons.
I will have a look out for some HID type lights, I don't drive much at night but these bulbs at the minute are the classic yellowy look and they don't do a lot in pitch black, to be frank. You've got to know the road, if you know what I mean.

Nice you're getting a sporting, a 2b? Not seen another sporting in my colour on here or on the road either, so would be cool :)

Cheers

Faz

I believe punto_matt had some HIDs installed on a MK2B. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the details of the setup with you. Personally I wouldn't bother because of all the uncertainty with legalities of the things, I'd just get some good bulbs but maybe I guess I get the appeal of them. Anyway, heres a few pics. I'm sure something similar could be achieved with bright xenon bulbs as mentioned above.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Debadged grille shipped today.

On a side note, video of the horns if anyone was interested :D

View in 720p for the shaking, also better sound quality. The video doesn't do them justice..........

To quote the description:

my Fiat Punto sporting 1.4, fitted 4 horns through a relay;

1 is the stock punto horn (fairly loud to start)
1 is from a mercedes saloon, fairly large horn, quite deep
1 is from an Audi A6, and is part of a 2 tone horn supplied, I chose the one deep one.
1 is from an old Jaguar, and is the higher horn, but more classic sounding :)

The video doesn't do it justice, but you can hear the horn echo against a school building opposite me, which is about 200 metres away. On a decibel counter it hit 105, but I think that was the limit..... so no idea really. Ultimately, it's very, very loud, and people don't half move when you give it to them.

Also makes the car shake when you are stationary and do it, you can feel it vibrate. This is shown when the camera moves when I beep the horns.

I believe punto_matt had some HIDs installed on a MK2B. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the details of the setup with you. Personally I wouldn't bother because of all the uncertainty with legalities of the things, I'd just get some good bulbs but maybe I guess I get the appeal of them. Anyway, heres a few pics. I'm sure something similar could be achieved with bright xenon bulbs as mentioned above.

Picture 1

Picture 2

whos got them in there car , im liking the look of them , how much are they ... from ebay ?

DSC_3473.jpg

Debadged 'Punto'. Also took rear badge off to see if I could do the blue in black, but it's like a sealed unit?? Couldnt get it apart at all. Pretty annoyed, as I had to stick it back on with some not so good glue, hope it wont fall of whilst driving. Any idea how to take off the glass?!!!

Back