Styling mk1 interior

Currently reading:
Styling mk1 interior

jonyid

my next little project is to remove the vents to the side, interior door handle etc to spray silver.

now i know the interior door handle is nice and easy but how difficult are the vents to remove?

thanks in advance
Jon

Hi Jon, they are very very easy to remove. Get a very flat screw driver (Wrap a thin cloth round it if you don't want to damage the surrounding surface)
And pry it from the top right and top left and ease it out.
Remember before you spray it to clean it up as much as you can. Wet and Dry 1200 paper will be great to do this with :)

ah i wasn't going to wet and dry them, they will be too fiddly to do, was going to wash tehm with warm soapy water, let them dry in the sun then spray

yeah true mate, i might try and do like the bit you will see lightly will see how it goes, how about the vents above the centre console, same concept as the side vents?

i'm going to go to a punto-only breakers soon and get a sporting centre console just to make it look better

I have a sporting one which I am getting rid of which is exactly the same as you would get in a GT, all sportings came with it.

Middle vents are real easy to take out as are the heater controls.

I have a sporting one which I am getting rid of which is exactly the same as you would get in a GT, all sportings came with it.

Middle vents are real easy to take out as are the heater controls.

are you breaking or selling? if you're breaking i'm interested in the centre console etc

sand it first. this is mine afer sanding ( bear in mind the whole dash ahs been sprayed)

well the wents arnt in there but there the same principal. make sure you dont do it to thick or they will clog up the moving parts.
hope this helps.

***Cj***

Back