Styling Mk1 70SL Dashboard Removal

Currently reading:
Styling Mk1 70SL Dashboard Removal

UNO70SL

Hi

The dashboard padded part that is in front of the passenger side looks a bit tatty and I want to remove it and give it a new upholstery. (illustarion attached below).

How do I remove it? Can it be removed without removing the entire dashboard apart? Can I apply a vinyl on it without taking it appart?

Help needed, Thanks !

Attachments

• DSCF00462.jpg
    DSCF00462.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 260
Hi.

What the ashtray got to do with the panel removal? on Mk1 the ashtray moves freely on the panel, I think you are mistaken by the MK2 whereas the ashtray is in the middle of the dashboard and the lighter is in it.

Nobody knows how to remove this panel?

On the Mk1 there are screws that go up into that 'roll' from underneath. I think there are four or five screws and I don't think you'll be able to reach them without taking the dashboard off, as a couple of them are above the glovebox (I think). Have a look anyway by shining a torch up there. The Philips screws are recessed in deep holes.

It's not too hard to remove the dashboard - it lifts out of two large hooks in the corners by the windscreen. Need to remove instrument cluster and centre console first, so a fairly big project that will take a couple of hours.

-Alex

Back