Technical Misfire problems, whats a good compression reading. 2010 Punto Evo Turbo.

Currently reading:
Technical Misfire problems, whats a good compression reading. 2010 Punto Evo Turbo.

T140v

Hi all, still experiencing misfire in no 1&2 cylinders.
Have managed to borrow a compression tester anyone know what reading is good for the Punto Evo Multiair
I now have a functioning Lambda sensor but it has not got rid of the misfire.
Just to recap, plugs have been changed - no change
coil packs swapped - no change to misfire location
cleaned injectors - no change to misfire location
Swapped injectors round put no 4 into no1 3 into 2 vice verca - no change to misfire location .
Fitted a new fuel pressure regulator valve - no change to misfire location
Planning to test fuel pressure if the cylinder compression is up to spec.
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards Stuart

Your Evo, like mine, has a Multiair module. An electronic actuated valve system, that depends on oil pressure and ECU orders to open the intake valves exactly as each moment dictates, for best performance or fuel economy. 2010 modules are famous for their problems and was quickly replaced by newer version at 2011 and again at 2013 and again at 2015. Do yourself a favor and check videos on YouTube, that show front mount cups of the multiair, that get loose and let oil pressure drop inside the specific compartment and that causes valve to not completely open, or not open at all (especially when oil is still cold). This also registers as cylinder misfire and probably that is the problem that you are facing. If this is the case, it can be fixed with almost no cost. Just tighten the multiair cups.

Check this video:

Problem usually appears on cylinders 2 and 3. I have it on cylinder #3, so it's due for opening cam cover and inspect, as soon as possible...

Thanks for your reply, have another couple of things to check out but I'll definately watch the video and have a look inside.
Regards Stuart

Your Evo, like mine, has a Multiair module. An electronic actuated valve system, that depends on oil pressure and ECU orders to open the intake valves exactly as each moment dictates, for best performance or fuel economy. 2010 modules are famous for their problems and was quickly replaced by newer version at 2011 and again at 2013 and again at 2015. Do yourself a favor and check videos on YouTube, that show front mount cups of the multiair, that get loose and let oil pressure drop inside the specific compartment and that causes valve to not completely open, or not open at all (especially when oil is still cold). This also registers as cylinder misfire and probably that is the problem that you are facing. If this is the case, it can be fixed with almost no cost. Just tighten the multiair cups.

Check this video:

Problem usually appears on cylinders 2 and 3. I have it on cylinder #3, so it's due for opening cam cover and inspect, as soon as possible...

Have you got anymore links to better videos, I dont really want to do brain surgery without the information that will stop me from damaging the brain, Its not my car its my grandsons and the multiair concept is not something I am used to, I dont mind messing with engines I have 3 motorbikes an SLK 320 and Lexus CT200 but how to get into the head to do the tightening would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Stuart

Back