Technical Mirror keep blowing fuse 2018 Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical Mirror keep blowing fuse 2018 Ducato

Jeddaa

Hi, the fuse (7,5) related to operativt the mirror keep blowing. I change it, adjust the mirror and seconds later, nothing. Where to start troubleshoot?
2018 Ducato 130hp

Yes it does.
Assuming that the fise survives when mirror adjustment is not attempted, that would suggest that there is a problem with the common control lever,
Possibly the fuse will blow when horizontal or vertical movement is attempted but not both.

Does it happen when you adjust any of the 4 mirrors segments?
Assuming that the fise survives when mirror adjustment is not attempted, that would suggest that there is a problem with the common control lever,
Possibly the fuse will blow when horizontal or vertical movement is attempted but not both.
Thanks, I will try replacing the controller and see. It could be as you said that it blows when I do certain movements.

Thanks, I will try replacing the controller and see. It could be as you said that it blows when I do certain movements.
I suggest checking that the fuse only blows when particular movements are attempted.

Another possibility is that the connection that is common to 8 motors has an earth fault. This would cause the fuse to blow when one direction only, of movement for all 8 motors. Earth faults can occur when the door loom rubs against the body, and movement occurs when the door is opened or closed.

To save fuses when checking, I would be tempted to connect a 21W bulb in place of the fuse. However that is easier said than done.

I suggest checking that the fuse only blows when particular movements are attempted.

Another possibility is that the connection that is common to 8 motors has an earth fault. This would cause the fuse to blow when one direction only, of movement for all 8 motors. Earth faults can occur when the door loom rubs against the body, and movement occurs when the door is opened or closed.

To save fuses when checking, I would be tempted to connect a 21W bulb in place of the fuse. However that is easier said than done.
I will check that this weekend👌Thanks

Problem solved; one of the connecting pins under the window switch panel was bent and touched the one next to it causing a weak turn signal in the mirror as well as a fuse kept blowing when adjusting.

Back