Styling mirror caps

Currently reading:
Styling mirror caps

does anyone know if its possible to remove the stilo's plastic mirror caps with removing the whole wingmirror unit? id rather ask then go out pulling and prising :eek:

I'm pretty sure it's possible, though never attempted it myself. I say this because I've seen them seperated from the rest of the mirror on numerous places including eBay e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-STILO-01...|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200

Like most things on the Stilo, I'd guess they're held on by clips, though not sure where these clips are and I'm a bit wary of getting the locations of these clips wrong and breaking them.

Pondering the removal of mine to respray them as they're the plain matt black at the minute. Actually want to do them in a gloss black :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Pondering the removal of mine to respray them as they're the plain matt black at the minute. Actually want to do them in a gloss black :)

im usually quite good at avoiding breaking the clips :)... unlike the garage who broke one on my center cap the other day when my tires were fitted.... ill have a go tomorrow so we shall find out... if not ive got double sided tape :p

well i removed them both and re-sprayed.

there clipped in by one massive clip on the inside of the wingmirror where it goes rounded.... for this i prized it off with a small flat head screwdriver, and then head to slowly prize of with my fingers the rest of the casing...

its slid in between the plastic parts and then goes in smallish but easy to remove clips on the mirror housing itself... pics to follow :)

here goes..... the last few days work on my car :p

the mirror and all the motor.. bottom left is where the main clip was and the others are dotted about

the cap... was cleaned before painting i might add...

the finished result...

Back