General Might be getting a Panda

Currently reading:
General Might be getting a Panda

I have a 500 and I park at the back of the space then stand back and watch the joy turn to disappointment when people think they have found an empty spot (especially if its near the pedestrian exit point).

I know, I don't have much of a life :banghead:

I'll get my coat.

I have a 500 and I park at the back of the space then stand back and watch the joy turn to disappointment when people think they have found an empty spot (especially if its near the pedestrian exit point).

I know, I don't have much of a life :banghead:

I'll get my coat.

Aaaaah.............glad to see I am not alone......

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Having browsed the forum for a while, I’ve adjusted and began to like the Panda. I am now looking forward to owning one a bit more.

Sorry for the late reply. But I’ve replied to everyone! Have fun finding my response to you lol

I lost my provisional, so I’ve had to put my test back - it’s now 15th August (for the record) haha.

Scout: I’m now at the point where I don’t care what others think. I’ve become more into the positive and practical sides to the Panda.

AB100: I have also realised that the forum is full of people who take pride in their Pandas. This has made me realise I can do the same when I acquire mine!

Matt100HP: I still like the Corsa, but the insurance cost is way too high because of the typical crowd of people our age who buy and wreck them! So the Panda is actually more economical in the cost department to insure. Has your insurance cost been low due to driving a Panda?

homeward: The latest Panda is quite nice. All the modern gadgets and low cost options could well make it my successor to the Panda in a few years!

highwayman71: The forum here is great!

daveofkent: The running costs of the Panda are much lower from what I’ve researched. The small wheels too would be cheaper to replace.

Aston Martin: Not too sure about the orange Panda, but the 100HP is pretty sweet ;)

Gavv8: I’m getting it for 500 off my sister (who got it from another family member when her Megane broke). I’ve noticed this is a pretty good price as 1.2 2004 Dynamics are usually just below 2,000 on AutoTrader at the minute :D

Wee Smurf: Even from driving the Panda I’m getting on private land, I agree manoeuvring it is almost fun! At least for practising to drive, I must admit I can’t flaw it. ALSO I’m from Northern Ireland around the Derry/Londonderry area. Think I’d be eligible for the NI Italian motor club if I get the Panda? Would be cool to see what others have done :D

*** so, summary, I’ve changed my tone. And come up with a few more questions so if any of you can help I’d be grateful.
SB1500

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Having browsed the forum for a while, I’ve adjusted and began to like the Panda. I am now looking forward to owning one a bit more.

Sorry for the late reply. But I’ve replied to everyone! Have fun finding my response to you lol

I lost my provisional, so I’ve had to put my test back - it’s now 15th August (for the record) haha.

Scout: I’m now at the point where I don’t care what others think. I’ve become more into the positive and practical sides to the Panda.

AB100: I have also realised that the forum is full of people who take pride in their Pandas. This has made me realise I can do the same when I acquire mine!

Matt100HP: I still like the Corsa, but the insurance cost is way too high because of the typical crowd of people our age who buy and wreck them! So the Panda is actually more economical in the cost department to insure. Has your insurance cost been low due to driving a Panda?

homeward: The latest Panda is quite nice. All the modern gadgets and low cost options could well make it my successor to the Panda in a few years!

highwayman71: The forum here is great!

daveofkent: The running costs of the Panda are much lower from what I’ve researched. The small wheels too would be cheaper to replace.

Aston Martin: Not too sure about the orange Panda, but the 100HP is pretty sweet ;)

Gavv8: I’m getting it for 500 off my sister (who got it from another family member when her Megane broke). I’ve noticed this is a pretty good price as 1.2 2004 Dynamics are usually just below 2,000 on AutoTrader at the minute :D

Wee Smurf: Even from driving the Panda I’m getting on private land, I agree manoeuvring it is almost fun! At least for practising to drive, I must admit I can’t flaw it. ALSO I’m from Northern Ireland around the Derry/Londonderry area. Think I’d be eligible for the NI Italian motor club if I get the Panda? Would be cool to see what others have done :D

*** so, summary, I’ve changed my tone. And come up with a few more questions so if any of you can help I’d be grateful.
SB1500

Well done.

£500 is VERY cheap.........

I've driven Corsas, they go around corners about as well as a transatlantic cruise ship. I'm not surprised the insurance is high either, their favourite resting spot is upside down in someone's front garden.

My insurance is pretty cheap, but I'm 20 and I've held a clean licence for well over 3 years now. I also live in a place where the postcode is looked upon favourably by insurers, which makes a massive difference to insurance premiums. For 12 months of fully comprehensive insurance on the 100HP it cost me £500.60, to be precise. Last year it was about £700 and before that I didn't own the Panda, I was still driving the mk7 Fez (also a damn good steer).

Also, for £500, the Panda is a no-brainer. Even if you only keep it for a year or two, it'll easily be worth that much (or more) when you come to sell it on.

Last edited:
Damn...i'm going to have to try this too....maybe we could start a picture gallery of panda's parked in trolley shelters a bit like 'planking'....:D

10553750_10152273768191961_7306950346142662646_o.jpg

£500 is cheap for any Panda! worth more in parts!
I am 24 and just got a panda as a second car and with no NCB I pay £400 a year fully comp!
Its a 1.2 Eleganza, I did previously have a 1.2 Dynamic.

I’m getting it for 500 off my sister.

Excellent price you got there! Just don't let your sister know...

You're more than welcome to join the club. We do a few runs out and I'm sure you would be able to catch up on one of the coast runs. I think that Lisburn Golf Club might be a bit far for you.

Good luck with the test!

That's decent then. Maybe at some point I'll be able to get down to Lisburn. Do you know, by the way, if newly passed drivers (who are restricted to 45) can travel on the motorway in NI?

And are there many there with Pandas? And any with the stock Pandas like mine will be originally?

Yes, you may use the motorway with R plates, however it might be a bit daunting with most others driving at around the 70 mark.

There's a few Pandas in the club - a mix of Mark 2 Classics, this era and the new Panda. There's usually some Pandas at each meeting. We have quite a mix of cars from little Fiat's to Ferraris, both new and classic. Something for everyone really.

I'm usually at most meetings with my little yellow one, Dez. He's a 2005 with just turned 90K miles on the clock (today! :)).

Last edited:
Back