Microscan AN213 alarm - Help!!!!

Currently reading:
Microscan AN213 alarm - Help!!!!

Matt Taylor

I have bought a Microscan 213 alarm system to fit to my mk2 punto. I am having great difficulty with some of the connections and need some advice.

1 Where is the best place to make a connect to the indicators?
The steering column connections and hazard switches seems to switch the negative. I am dammned if I can see where the cabes are that run to the actual lights. Again I cant seem to locate them on the passenger fuse box either!

2 I need to locate the ign switch to starter solenoid as well
There are a number of cables from the back of the ign switch and want to make sure that I dont cut into the wrong one. I am assuming that the cable will be the one that has power when the ign switch is in the start position.
I hope that someone can help as I now have 1/2 the insides of my car pulled out
Matt

Matt

Hi, probably too late now but I've only just seen your post... Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't like to gaurantee it working for your alarm kit but to connect to the indicators for my remote locking kit the instructions said "connect to the pink wires in the 40-way connector at the front of the fuse box". To start with it took a while to find the right connector as there are loads and it is in fact horizontal at the bottom. There are 4 (I think) pink wires coming out the back and I just connected my two to the first two, and it worked first time.

As for the ignition wire, I connected mine to the orange one near the ignition key, but again it may be differnet for your kit. This is the instructions I used:

http://www.cobra.it/COBRA_SCHEDE/SCHEDE/PDF/FIPUN99GBB.PDF

Not sure if any of that helps but since nobody else replied thought it would be better than nothing. Good luck.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

http://www.geocities.com/drpepperdionysus

hey i am really interested in getting the same microscan alarm as u and was wondering if its fitted and workin by now how is it?

baby blue bravo 1.6- hgt alloys, colour coded, tinted clusters, debadged, k&n air filter, 2 12"kenwood subs, 2 600 watt jvc amps pioneer 6x9's jvc headunit and plenty of (non tacky) neons

Back