Microfibre cloths

Currently reading:
Microfibre cloths

Hello

I am after some microfibre cloths for cleaning the interior plastics, dashboard and windows with Autoglym products. Does it matter what make the cloths are, I've seen these in Tesco http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=267304088 will these suffice or is it best to buy Kent, Carplan, Halfords etc....

Are microfiber cloths and towels the same thing?

Thanks

Phil

Depends how particular you are. I just juse multipack micros from supermarkets. Get a specific glass cloth, doesn't leave streaks

As long as they don't scratch the interior, although I already have a few scuffs on the plastics! Like I said I'll be using them to apply Autoglym cleaning products. I'll be happy to use any if they are suitable for the job :)

This is what I tend to do when cleaning my interior:

Use a sponge or damp cloth to apply AG interior shampoo then dry with a cloth preferably MF. Then to finish AG vinyl and rubber care applied with a cloth, again preferably MF (y)

Up till now I've been using Halfords valeting cloths but they leave little white bits of fluff behind and looks a mess. I've also tried their pack of 3 cloths at £3 but MF are better value so that's why I want to get some.

Phil

Stick to MF's IMO. You'll never scratch anything with MF's. Make sure you give the cloth a good shake every so often to make sure youre not dragging dirt across the surface that the cloth has picked up. The more dirty, the more often to shake the cloth out.
I wash mine after every use. Some people also add microfibre wash in, but mine just go i washer at 60degs on intense with no chemicals/cleaners, then hang out to dry. I've also heard of some peeps soaking them in an APC/hot water solution before a wash if they are super dirty

Back