Technical merea will not shift into reverse

Currently reading:
Technical merea will not shift into reverse

mcsullyboy

Hi im new to this site so hello i have just bought a R reg fiat merea 2.0 .20v and its low mileage its done 44tho but im havin trouble selecting reverse sometimes it is fine then other times nothin the gear lever will not go in to reverse til i go into 3rd or 4th a few times then it goes in sweet as a nut no chrunch or any probs like that i have cleaned the linkages and bled the clutch has anyone else had this problem or can tell me what it is the gearbox is fine and quiet really fed up good car otherwise hope someone can help thx mike

alright buddy thats a common enough problem it is the link rods starting to wear if you pop both of the box and pack them with grease it usually does the trick cause the rods are expensive and a pain in the hole to change best of luck any more problems give me a shout i'm a trained fiat mechanic and will be happy to help

Many thanx will try that tomorrow as i have anti roll bar droplinks to replace to i hope greasin them rods cures the problem cause if not i might have to get rid always had rover in the past and liked the look of this car the 20v engine has a nice grunt when opened up love that well il keep you all imformed thx for the advise:)

Back