Technical megasquirt ECU

Currently reading:
Technical megasquirt ECU

everything you see in the car goes through the interior loom ...

Ming

Yes but in theory there must bE some sort of connections from the Speedo wiring to gearbox speed sensor, coil pack RPM signal, coolant temp sensor

Unless the idea is to just run separate feeds to the Speedo from such sensors??

Last edited:
Can only speak for the MPI Seis (but they are more or less the wquivalent of the Mk2 Punto). The coolant temp sensors for the ECU and warning light are different animals. The speed sensor on the gearbox drives the speedo and inputs to the power steering ECU (which is a seperate device). The rev counter signal can be run from a coil pack (but I'm unsure of whether this will work for the existing rev counter).

Last edited:
The MS ECU can be setup to output an RPM signal that emulates what the stock ECU puts out. That should be fine to drive the dash display.

Not sure about CTS signal, but there'll be a way. Maybe ask Munkul what he did?

In my own experience you will be able to bin the Stock Punto MPI ECU all together.

All the ECU requires the CTS for is for the Rad Fan Relay and to turn on the Coolant Temp warning light.

The Speedo is taken directly from the gearbox to the speedo (as stated above), the same circuit also controls the power steering and warning light so as long as you retain it all - the steering should not throw a hissy fit.

Fuel gauge etc...runs completely independently.

Right so iv been stripping.g all me wiring and sorting everything out on the punto rewiring me looms (not to do with megasquirt just tidying up me wiring) ....anyway I seen the loom for the fuse box splits into 3 IIRC how would I go about this on MS? I get all the sensors ect... Does the engine bay fusebox loom need to be touched or is it just wired into the sensors and loom so when I connect the MS it's all within the circuit??

Cheers
Brin

Back