IMG_3286.jpeg

Panda Meet Franco!

Meet Franco, my Panda 100HP!

Introduction

Hi everyone, I’d like you to meet Franco! My 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. Purchased him today and will be picking him up next Saturday.
He’s not perfect, but nothing that a bit of love, care, attention and of course some cash can sort out!
He needs the alloys refurbishing, the bonnet respraying, a general paint touch in, and a good polish.
Strongly suggest you change the cam belt before driving it. It's not a hard job but very important as the 16V will be totally trashed by a failed belt. Not only valves and pistons but potentially a bent cam and probably a crimped crank bearing shell as well.

The alloy wheels are prone to getting like 50p coins with three sides.

Strongly suggest you change the cam belt before driving it. It's not a hard job but very important as the 16V will be totally trashed by a failed belt. Not only valves and pistons but potentially a bent cam and probably a crimped crank bearing shell as well.

The alloy wheels are prone to getting like 50p coins with three sides.
Already one step ahead, asked the dealer to change the belt and water pump before I pick it up on Saturday. Cannot wait!

The front bumpers are fragile, extremely rare and extremely expensive if you can find one. When you get the car, swap the bumper for a "standard" Panda bumper. Ideally get the rubber buffer slots replaced by plastic welding. You can fit the wheel arch spats to the standard bumper but the black under spoiler wont fit without making it useless for the 100HP moulding.

Standard bumpers used or in primer are not silly money and will keep your valuable asset safe without making the car look odd.

100HP bumper north of £600. Spot light inserts £100 EACH, Who knows what for the matt black grille. Keep yours safe.

Standard bumper used - £80 plus paint.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum. Look after it, these are quickly becoming classics and keep getting brought up in motoring articles of cars that are underrated.

Looks in good nik, probably would benefit from a set of new fiat badges front rear and on the wheels and it would look like new.

I'd love to know what the previous owner was towing with a panda. Even at 100hp they are not known for their towing abilities.

It has a close ratio gearbox (if you ignore the gap between 2nd and 3rd) so might tow quite well.
Its not the ratios in the gearbox its the very low Torque that the 100hp had. brilliant for dragging itself about but that's soon to tail off with a bit of weight on the back. with less than 100ft/lb

For comparison my old 1.6 MJ diesel Punto had 120hp and 236ft/lb which you'd still feel a drop in pulling power if you threw some weight in the back.

Day one of Panda ownership complete!

I picked him up today. Put him straight on the drive for a full snow foam and clay bar detail. The paint really shines now!

Tomorrow is for the interior, full vac and polish.

Attachments

• IMG_3317.jpeg
    IMG_3317.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3320.jpeg
    IMG_3320.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg