Photo00473.jpg

Bravo Meet Clunky.

Introduction

Just thought I'd start a thread here while I remember :)

Car is a 1.4 90 (boo hiss) Active (tsssssk)

Got the car at just under 11000 miles in Nov 09, now on 21500 in Sept 11.

Not got many pics of the car when I first got it, never really thought to take any.

Here's one when it was in the garage just before I changed the wheels over.

Next job was to fit the wheels, debadge the rear and remove the rear wiper, as it was broken after being pushed down too far under the Nov 10 snow.

That was around about May 11, and at this point decided lowering springs were needed. Got myself a set of SPAX SSX springs from whitebravo for £30 and here is how it's sitting at the moment

Currently waiting on an Eibach Sportline kit so I can drop the front further without having to spend £450+ on coilovers...yet:devil:

Future plans include the coilovers I've mentioned, a set of ESM 002R wheels, a matte black wrap and maybe, eventually, hopefully, possibly an engine swap later on in it's life.

The plans will take a good few years to come together, as uni is number one priority for me at the moment, but will be steadily progressing :)
We'll both have notquitePolos :p just the 1.2tsi, so it'll cost peanuts to run. You got your Ibiza yet?

1.2TSI is a good engine I hear.

I was speaking to a boy yesterday who has a Fabia vRS (1.4TSI 170PS, but with a tuning box taking it to ~210 - it's bloody fast!) who rates the 1.2TSI rather highly. One of his mates has a 1.2TSI fabia, and although it's rated as 105PS, it's actually making 125bhp on a rolling road. So you have a good motor there. I am sure it'll respond well to some tuning tweaks ;)

I was speaking to a boy yesterday who has a Fabia vRS (1.4TSI 170PS, but with a tuning box taking it to ~210 - it's bloody fast!) who rates the 1.2TSI rather highly. One of his mates has a 1.2TSI fabia, and although it's rated as 105PS, it's actually making 125bhp on a rolling road. So you have a good motor there. I am sure it'll respond well to some tuning tweaks ;)

I have a 1.4TSI 180PS Seat Cupra and yeah it's a good engine. I think I'm just gonna map it to 200 but it can be mapped to 220+.

And yeah the 1.2TSi will be able to be remapped to be pretty damn nippy too.

wow that a smart looking skoda!:eek:

Cheers buddy, it's shocking, right :p

Got any mod plans for the Fabia?

Nah buddy, I'm on a three year contract that doesn't say it doesn't allow mods, but I am going to save up. It's PCP so I have a big payment at the end, or hand the keys back. Hopefully by that stage I am graduating and going into full time employment (and not having to pull seven day weeks) so I'm probably handing the car back and moving on and up.

Yeah, there's a few of them that are above rated power, so I'm hoping I have one of them :devil: That being said, the car feels a lot better than the Bravo anyway, because it's a turbo so is a lot more torquey. I don't think I've exceeded 2000rpm once yet, simply because it is so much more effortless to drive.

Just searched my old reg for this car. Turns out it was auctioned. Feel sorry for it :(.

As an aside, I still have wheels and coilovers for sale. Prepared to sell for a very low price now, so PM if interested.

I'm having a think about re-entering the Bravo fold when my contract for the Fabia runs out in 10-ish months. I'm doing a bit of homework now so I can be in a position to test drive a range of cars before it does, and I know I like Bravos so they are somewhere near the top of the list.

I was wondering, has anyone driven a Multiair and a T-Jet 150. What are the big differences between them, and how well does a Multiair remap?

You are finally coming to your senses:D and rethinking Bravo. I was thinking of changing a while back and I bough another one a year ago. Was thinking a few weeks back that I will change it for Santa Fe, but Bravo just fits me, and I really like the whole shape of the car and gadgets it has.

Back