New Feature Medals become badges 👽

Currently reading:
New Feature Medals become badges 👽

1706556349521.png

As you know, last year I setup a medals system which gave out gold, silver and bronze medals for completing certain tasks on the forum.

In my endless quest to find things to update on the site though, I've decided for 2024 we will change them to icons instead that properly represent the award they were given out for :)

They still have bronze, silver or gold colouring, but it's now more obvious what they are for - and also - you can now click them to be taken to the user's relevant page (so clicking the car will take you to their garage, spanner to their guides etc etc)

As before, you can see the full listing here - but for a quick rundown, this is what they now all mean:

garage.png
Added a vehicle to the garage
download-gold.png
Uploaded a resource to the downloads section
guide-silver.png
Written a guide
review-bronze.png
Reviewed a business

As you know, last year I setup a medals system which gave out gold, silver and bronze medals for completing certain tasks on the forum.

In my endless quest to find things to update on the site though, I've decided for 2024 we will change them to icons instead that properly represent the award they were given out for :)

They still have bronze, silver or gold colouring, but it's now more obvious what they are for - and also - you can now click them to be taken to the user's relevant page (so clicking the car will take you to their garage, spanner to their guides etc etc)

As before, you can see the full listing here - but for a quick rundown, this is what they now all mean:

View attachment 437449Added a vehicle to the garage
View attachment 437446Uploaded a resource to the downloads section
View attachment 437447Written a guide
View attachment 437448Reviewed a business
I liked the medals.... I was aiming for a VC!

• Haha
Reactions: ben
I liked the medals.... I was aiming for a VC!
Lol, maybe if I can find a nice artist to draw some unique ones for each category I can put them back in the future.

As it was previously, you had to move the mouse over them to find out what they actually meant.

This new way you can instantly see what they mean and jump there directly.

As it was previously, you had to move the mouse over them to find out what they actually meant.
I think you'll find people, will still have to/want to hover over them to see what they are.

I've just been awarded a medal, or is it a badge? In my alerts under Badges, it says I've been awarded a 'Medal' !!

You might want to do an server search to see how many places it still appears as a medal.... just saying :)

I think you'll find people, will still have to/want to hover over them to see what they are.

I've just been awarded a medal, or is it a badge? In my alerts under Badges, it says I've been awarded a 'Medal' !!

You might want to do an server search to see how many places it still appears as a medal.... just saying :)
Are you sure it wasn't a trophy?

They are separate things and based on various forum actions 😁

Back