Tuning max bhp with standard airbox?

Currently reading:
Tuning max bhp with standard airbox?

just wondering what sort of figures (if any) people have using the standard airbox with a performance element like a BMC, i have a custom air intake but the noise is getting slightly tiresome - i dont want to lose much power and as im going to get my map tweaked soon i wanted to decide which air filter to have the map done with. I recon im running about 165 ish bhp atm, would like 175 with a map tweak. Ive noticed the m-jets get good power with most still using the origonal air intake

The Mjets run silly boost pressure though.

I've seen more than 180 on a standard airbox that had been smoothed out inside with a panel filter.

The Mjets run silly boost pressure though.

I've seen more than 180 on a standard airbox that had been smoothed out inside with a panel filter.

As far as i can tell the 180bhp SS model uses the standard air intake box with a BMC filter :confused: which i have sat in the garage, i could easily smooth it out and replace the pipe between the air filter box and the turbo with a silicone pipe

You're right, the standard airbox can handle a fair chunk of power. Its a pretty good set up.

just wondering what sort of figures (if any) people have using the standard airbox with a performance element like a BMC, i have a custom air intake but the noise is getting slightly tiresome - i dont want to lose much power and as im going to get my map tweaked soon i wanted to decide which air filter to have the map done with. I recon im running about 165 ish bhp atm, would like 175 with a map tweak. Ive noticed the m-jets get good power with most still using the origonal air intake
i got 171bhp on standard air box. i've put a bmc panel filter in since then but not had it back on the rollers as i've not done any more mods

i got 171bhp on standard air box. i've put a bmc panel filter in since then but not had it back on the rollers as i've not done any more mods

thanks!

i put my origonal air intake back on with a BMC and its brilliant, no loss in power at all (y) sounds better now without all the hissing/whistling/sucking sounds coming from the engine - just the sound of a turbo back exhaust and a BOV to annoy everyone living near me

Back