Technical Master key nightmare

Currently reading:
Technical Master key nightmare

After much too much time I have managed to crack the yellow immobiliser and master key replacement problem. So it can be done, but its hard work, the biggest problem being the calculation of the missing 2 bytes from the key string. If anyone wants the complete key string from their immobiliser data file, then I will give it FOC, then you can get the key made up locally.

Hi

I have a silver and a red key, but it turns out not to be THE red key. It is a copy that happens to be red. Fiat dealer doesn't recognise it, but it has the little symbol with the circles and triangle. Anyway, I would love to have a proper red key as I will be in big trouble if I loose a key and can't replace it, or try to sell (or both). What you have posted is very technical, but in a nutshell, can I determin if the red key I have is a master key re-creation, and if it is not, can I get a real red key, without fitting new locks and ECU?, and who do I go to?

Thanks for any help

Skiday
Fiat Coupe 20VT

Attachments

• Fiat-Keys-RDC.jpg
    Fiat-Keys-RDC.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 62
The red key you have is an after market clone of the working key and is quite ok for usage and also for copying from, so you have got back-up already.
The master key is a bugundy colour and as all genuine Fiat keys has "FIAT" printed on it.
You will probably never need a master key, so unless you want one to enhance the resale value of car then dont bother.
To test if its a master :-
turn key on and wait unitil code goes off.
turn key back on again.
If code stays on its a master.
If code turns off its a working key.
PM me if you want a master key, but as said you can live without it.
T.

Hi, Thanks for the reply

I tested as above and turned the red key on, off, then on again and the code light went out same as the silver key. I don't have a problen with not having a genuine red master key, but only if I can be absolutely 100% sure that I can get a copy key made, so rather than waiting untill I loose a key, where do I now go to get a blue key made up.? I assume I go to the Fiat dealer to get a blank, but where do I take it to get it programmed as Fiat say they need the master key?
I have the Fiat CODE credit card size card with the electronic and mechanical code on it.

Again - thanks for your help (y)

Skiday

Last edited:
Just take it up you high st to a locksmith, most of them can do the whole job for £25 per key. Getting a genuine one from Fiat is going to give you a headache with programming into car.

OK, I’ll try going to a high street auto key makers, but what I was confused about was the section in the owner handbook which says;

‘Page25 – If you ask for extra keys, remember that all the keys, both the new ones and those you already possess, must be stored in the memory (up to a max of 7)’

Therefore, as the new key won’t have been programmed into the ECU, are you saying that it will be an exact replica of the silver key, and even though it is a new key (black, blue or whatever) the car will think that it is the silver key?

Success! I now have a new key, (cost £30) which luckily is blue, so it kind of looks like I have the full set.

Thanks for the help.(y)

Back